Which UK underground urban music scene....

Badman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DRUM AND BASS AND DUBSTEP ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE A HEALTHY SCENE IMO, THE FANBASE IS LOYAL AND INVEST IN THE SCENE. GRIME SCENE ITSELF IS DEAD ALTHOUGH I THINK ALOT OF ARTISTS HAVE GOT BETTER.FUNKY POPS OFF IN A RAVE. ARTISTS IN THE SCENE ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAAD THO. THIS ROAD RAP TING HAS ITS NICHE MARKET ATM BUT THEY ARE FICKLE.IF THE 'URBAN' (BLACK BASED) GENRES CAN REALLY LEARN TO JUS BUILD ONE SCENE THEN ITS ALOT.WAS WATCHING MTV BASE THE OTHER DAY AND WAS JUS SEEING ALOT OF UK ACTS, COUPLE YEARS AGO U WOULD ONLY SEE THEM ON THAT 15 MINUTE SLOT OR THAT DEAD 2AM sh*t.THE FOOT IS IN THE DOOR COMMERCIALLY BUT THERE IS A NEED FOR PPL IN THESE SCENES TO BE THE BUSINESS/BRAINS BEHIND THE OPERATIONS. WHEN NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE INFRONT OF THE CAMERA AND ACTUALLY WANTS TO REGULATE THIS sh*t PROPERLY THEN REAL MOVES CAN TAKE PLACE.CHEERS.
said what i was gonna say really well put
DRUM AND BASS AND DUBSTEP ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE A HEALTHY SCENE IMO, THE FANBASE IS LOYAL AND INVEST IN THE SCENE.
AKA THE FANBASE IS WHITE.SOMEONE TRY & TELL ME OTHERWISE.
ur right tbh

wavesurfer is right, but from when there's only just a million black people in the UK, what does he expect?*Waits for some moron to come and tell me there's way more than 1m black people in the UK*

wavesurfer is right, but from when there's only just a million black people in the UK, what does he expect?*Waits for some moron to come and tell me there's way more than 1m black people in the UK*
thing is tho that black ppl here dont support anyway. regardless of how many there are
I dunno if that's universally true.Who's buying dancehall music deya yard?Who makes them man big over there? Look how man dem in Yard supported Usain Bolt (i know it aint music but comparisons can be made)jamaicans support their success stories by and largeit's a black british ting if anything*Waits for Numero aka TFS4DK to come in*

THE FOOT IS IN THE DOOR COMMERCIALLY BUT THERE IS A NEED FOR PPL IN THESE SCENES TO BE THE BUSINESS/BRAINS BEHIND THE OPERATIONS. WHEN NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE INFRONT OF THE CAMERA AND ACTUALLY WANTS TO REGULATE THIS sh*t PROPERLY THEN REAL MOVES CAN TAKE PLACE.CHEERS.
c/s that.still smh that it took two white boys from Norwich to get Stryder where he is now.

THE FOOT IS IN THE DOOR COMMERCIALLY BUT THERE IS A NEED FOR PPL IN THESE SCENES TO BE THE BUSINESS/BRAINS BEHIND THE OPERATIONS. WHEN NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE INFRONT OF THE CAMERA AND ACTUALLY WANTS TO REGULATE THIS sh*t PROPERLY THEN REAL MOVES CAN TAKE PLACE.CHEERS.
c/s that.still smh that it took two white boys from Norwich to get Stryder where he is now.
agree with this was slightly disappointed after i read that article

There's a lack of good innovative artists. Maybe I am wrong here...but everybody just sounds like they are doing the same thingPluys "UK urban" is such a small market let alone the fact it's actually segmented amongst itself making it so accessible so that fans basically become involved in the music. The standards are so low that the people that should be supporting it keep becoming a part of it.

UK Funky is more than healthy.The music is going to get better, as soon as people start looking forward to push the sound on, I can already see darker UK Funky tunes emerging and some funky bashment type tunes. Also these new funky mc's need to step down and remember grime did actually happen and it's not acceptable to spit bars with a flow like MC Luck in 09.

UK Funky is more than healthy.The music is going to get better, as soon as people start looking forward to push the sound on, I can already see darker UK Funky tunes emerging and some funky bashment type tunes. Also these new funky mc's need to step down and remember grime did actually happen and it's not acceptable to spit bars with a flow like MC Luck in 09.
LOLButdarker funky tunes? Is that not just goin bak 2 grime?

LOLButdarker funky tunes? Is that not just goin bak 2 grime?
It's just taking elements from grime and using it to make a new sound, like how UK Garage started from house music but took elements from dancehall/soca hip-hop etc to become what it became.

mc luck was harrrrd 4 his tym tho

mc neat was harrrrd 4 his tym tho
His voice was unique. probably one of the best spitting tones for a 4x4, garage, niche track. Right before my eyes was a classic - his delivery was on point.He shoulda allowed the attempted comeback tho, last year. with a avirex jacket. dude was officially out of time.