Banks win the overdraft / admin charges case,

carpedeum

its pity to all those who were expecting ££'s in charges refunds from the banks. it was always gonna be an uphill battle not in favor of the common manso the banks won the test case at the supreme court. no more refunds to be given back to any customers unless there's other legal powers to use.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8376906.stmBORDERs the bookstore has gone bust in other news

I never ever incurred bank charges, but I know certain man are pissed they didn't get on it when Streets was showing guys about it back in RWD days.+Is Borders going to have a big closing down sale or something? Want to buy a good amount of books still, especially if they are extra cheap.

Guest Triple XXX
OMG I'd love it if B&Q went bust and had a sale!!! I'd buy all the things. Or Ikea. Or even well anywhere really I duno why I just said this...
f*ck that what u need is a riotlootin must be fun

I never ever incurred bank charges, but I know certain man are pissed they didn't get on it when Streets was showing guys about it back in RWD days.+Is Borders going to have a big closing down sale or something? Want to buy a good amount of books still, especially if they are extra cheap.
This is going to be the problem though because some people got there money back and some people didn't you cant really justify this. Dont think this is the end of the matter though and think courts made this decision based on the mess of the banks in general.

I courts made this decision based on the mess of the banks in general.
this
LOL Although i know you don't want to be seen quoting and agreeing with me, I hope you are fully aware that it was not Em Dott that said that statement! But its cool i know its not "cool" to be seen in agreement with me on this forum!

Guest Esquilax
When the Oxford Street branch of Borders closed down and had their stock clearance, I made off with 10-12 sick books for £1 eachIf they have a chain-wide clearance sale I might have to take a day and do a tour of all the London stores
c/s

lol @ me making a topic about claiming bank charges in 2006. I swear I still got bare emails of RWD/VIP2 letters I helped draft.Thanks HSBC/Abbey/Natwest/Halifax - you really deserve a round of applause for what you done to my account.Being bad with money as a teenager pays off. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When the Oxford Street branch of Borders closed down and had their stock clearance, I made off with 10-12 sick books for £1 eachIf they have a chain-wide clearance sale I might have to take a day and do a tour of all the London stores
Would actually take a day off work for this.