''I can't wait for the snitch to drop''...

Mr. Air Max 90

Rappers jailed over internet song

Ishmael McLean, 22, from Greenford, and Rowan Simon, 18, from Ealing, west London, have been found guilty of acting to pervert the course of justice.The pair posted a video on YouTube in which they rapped a song which attempted to scare off witnesses to the murder of a 24-year-old man in Ealing, west London.The video warned people who talked to police about the murder of Jason Johnson could be shot.The clip entitled "Wrong Team", featured a backing chorus sung by several people with a burst of gunfire.The song goes on: "I can't wait for the snitch to drop, I still show up at his wake just to see him off'."Both McLean and Simon, were arrested after Mr Johnson's murder but they were not prosecuted.Oliver Glasgow, prosecuting, said the video to the song was clearly intended to frighten people off from speaking to the police.Mr Glasgow said a man claiming to be an eyewitness had been interviewed by police.The defendants, without knowing the person's identity, sent out a message to the community by publishing the rap on the internet.Old Bailey Judge Richard Hone said police investigating gun crime were faced with a code of silence."It is a grim prospect for British justice," he added.McLean was jailed for four years and Simon was jailed for 30 months.McLean was also sentenced to a year in jail for possessing ammunition, the term to run concurrently.
http://news.aol.co.uk/rappers-jailed-over-internet-song/article/20091127160109990018?icid=main|uk|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.co.uk%2Frappers-jailed-over-internet-song%2Farticle%2F20091127160109990018