Obese air passenger in economy class

Doom

passenger_1532425c.jpgThe picture, posted on an aviation blog, was reportedly taken by a flight attendant to illustrate to airline managers the difficulty of dealing with passengers who cannot fit into seats. It is unclear if the man was aware his picture was being taken or whether the flight, on US carrier American Airlines, took off with the passenger spilling out of his seat. Airlines already offer extended seatbelts to larger passengers to comply with safety rules but a number of carriers now insist obese customers buy an extra seat. US domestic no-frills airline Southwest has a “customer of size” policy that insists passengers who cannot lower both armrests buy a second ticket which is reimbursed if the flight is not full.American Airlines does not have such a requirement but urges passengers to “recognize ahead of time that they may need to purchase two seats”.The image, apparently taken on a Boeing 757, was sent to writer Kieran Daly and posted on his blog at aviation news website, Flightglobal. It is not clear if the image has been altered but Mr Daly wrote: “This is sent to me with the absolute assurance that it's a genuine picture taken by a flight attendant at American Airlines. The F/A took it to show her manager what was happening on the aircraft (757???) and why she was unhappy about it. Seems the guy paid for only one seat and the gate staff let him board.”Comments below the blog entry illustrate the debate over how to deal sensitively with obese passengers while ensuring others have enough room.In a statement, American Airlines said: "At this time American Airlines is unable to confirm whether or not the image referred to was taken by a member of flight crew but will investigate the situation internally to determine if any of the airline's strict policies were not correctly applied."American Airlines’ primary concern is for the safety and comfort of its passengers and crews and consequently passengers are advised to book two seats if they are concerned that they will require them. If a flight is not full, however, passengers' needs would be accommodated without charge wherever possible." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6671018/Obese-air-passenger-in-economy-seat-has-picture-taken.html

LMAO, If I was the airline operator I would definatly make him pay doubleits like that time a plane went done due to ground control using average weight size of the 60's and not knowing that people were getting fatter over the decades which resulted in the plane not being able to take the extra load and crashed

Guest Esquilax

No, humans aren't sposed to look like thatIf you saw a massive cat that's been over fed you'd think "ah, that's not right, look at it, that's sad, that's not how it should be"That's what I think when I see fat cunts like thatI swear if the human race gets any fatter we're gonna weigh ourselves out of orbit with the sun.

f*ck me not being able to get my snacks because the trolly can't get down the aisle.There is overweight, there is chubby, there is fat, there is obese and there's this motherf*cker.SMH, should hang his head is shame. (If the risk of break his neck weren't so high).