Multiple Insurance Policies

Angelo

Right,Does anyone know if you can have two insurance policies covering one car, for two different people?I have found NOTHING in any Terms and Conditions of any insurance policy I've looked at which says you can't do this. Yet it seems to be assumed a no by most places online.I know one person having more than one insurance policy on the same car is fraud because they can claim twice in the event of an accident, BUT, I found the following in Aviva's T&C:"(5) If at the time of any claim arising under this policy there is any other insurance covering the same loss, damage or liability, we will only pay our share of the claim. This condition does not apply to benefits under Section 3."So basically they'll split the cost with the other insurance company.BUTHas anyone done this first hand?Named driver is not an option, and neither is switching insurance companies.

after thinking more about it, i don't think u can, i'm pretty sure its in the terms and conditions that u can't have two identical policies running at the same time and they do ask u for the purposes of avoiding this exact situation ur talking about here is an idea, u full com one policy and fire & theft another but as u know fire and theft only covers the 3rd party so bwoy.