Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dubby

African-American Films

54 posts in this topic

So I've caught up with the TV shows I can be bothered with and there's only like 2 downloads a week now so I thought I'd fill the void with films I should have seen ages ago and I thought this would be a good category to start on. So.... can you guys list any African-American films that you've seen and would recommend? any genre: comedy, drama, thriller (thought I'd start with 'Don't Be A Menace...' cause it's the first download I've seen)Safethought I'd start off the topic by recommending this film, quite deep, would definitely recommendGeorge_Washington_Film.jpgGeorge Washington (2000)

Some bait as hell and hood/ish films...The Wash, South Central, Juice, Menace 2 Society, Dead Presidents, Bullet, The Wood, House Party, Poetic Justice, Higher Learning, New Jack City, New Jersey Drive, Baby Boysome of these movies are sh*t but there all off one hood films pack i downloaded, imdb

Just googled that GW film quickly, looks decent, will have to check it out. I havent seen it but, the film called "precious" that just came out in America is meant to be quite good.

What do you mean by african american films, films that star/were directed by african americans? Ain't they just films?anywaysFresh (1994)MV5BMTc4OTU3NjQ5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDgyMjcy._V1._SX450_SY301_.jpg

IMDB: Michael (or Fresh as he's well known) is a 12-year-old drug pusher who lives in a crowded house with his cousins and aunt. His father has become a street bum,but still meets with fresh on occasion to play chess. Fresh is rather quiet in a crazy world. Fresh' sister is a junkie who sleeps with the dealers that fresh sells for. As the story progresses Fresh realizes that he doesn't want to sell drugs anymore, he wants revengeI think the whole film is on youtube, heres the playlist starting from scene 1

Panther
This film is big, I have wanted to get it on DVD for so long but they don't sell it in England. /X(if that even counts), all the spike lee classics, Jungle Fever, Do the Right Thing, Mo' Better Blues, Crooklyn, She Gotta Have It, School Daze, He Got Game. <<< Some bangers.

What do you mean by african american films, films that star/were directed by african americans? Ain't they just films?
films around african-american/black culture or with majority african-american/black castyes they are just films, but I wanted to be specific about what typesafe for the contribs guys

new jersey driveclockersfreshdo the right thingschool dazemenace to societyhigher learningabove the rimhouse party 1 and 2 ( 3 if u like 4 if u dare)crooklyn could go on for a long long time really.

they arent jus films tho.everything has a genre. guy was trying to be difficult.
lol pretty much

The Great DebatersHas Denzel & Forest and this , you.must.watch.

The Great DebatersHas Denzel & Forrest and this , you.must.watch.
c/s this film. Gonna watch Clockers and Higher Learning.

Great Debators needs more appreciationImo I gave it to my Slavery and Race lecturer to watch and he started incorporating debate teams into our seminars

Great Debaters is another film I have tried to get my hands on, if anyone has a link or something send it please.

i have a good quality piratePicture is nice, could give it u if u dont find a rip an are ever in camden

Great debators can be bought of amazon....i think i got it for like £3 or summin...'The Secret Life Of Bees' is another must watch in my eyes! '

The Great DebatersHas Denzel & Forrest and this , you.must.watch.
c/s this film. Gonna watch Clockers and Higher Learning.
great debaters was a real good filmhigher learning was emotional to say the least/too add to the listpootie tang, sh*t had me creaaasinalso meteor manthe colour purple

undercover brother
didnt really find that funnnybut ladies man was hilarious'u get more motion with the ocean'i love the wash, cracks me up everytime, when mr wash brings out his strap

undercover brother
i love the wash, cracks me up everytime, when mr wash brings out his strap
c/sthe soundtrack to the movie is big as wellthe scene where mr dem guys ask mr wash for a pay rise... Epic.luda coping the mixtape off that white dudethe look snoop gives dre when he brings that chick home for dinner. lmfao that films got too many lol.gif moments. I gave to to someone and they haven't returned. thats typical with african american films other nice films.cb4love & basket ballthe woodboomerang ( must have) eddie murphy diary of a mad woman (I think its called)I always get a brain freeze when I want to download these films from a torrent...... good topic.