Rage Against The Machine for Xmas number 1

Escapist

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Triple XXX
Rock band Rage Against The Machine is ahead of X Factor winner Joe McElderry in the race for the Christmas number one, early sales figures suggest.A Facebook group aiming to get the band's 1992 hit Killing In The Name to the top of the festive chart has attracted more than 750,000 members.But McElderry's debut The Climb, out on CD on Wednesday, is expected to catch up by the weekend.The Official Charts Company (OCC) said it is "a very exciting battle".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8413557.stm

Guest WAVESURFER

It's kind of ironic that people are all rushing to buy a song that says "f*ck YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME", just because all their friends on facebook are telling them to.That said, RATM would be a marginally preferable #1 to the X Factor. If I cared. Which I don't.

It's kind of ironic that people are all rushing to buy a song that says "f*ck YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME", just because all their friends on facebook are telling them to.That said, RATM would be a marginally preferable #1 to the X Factor. If I cared. Which I don't.
THIS

SMH,If you actually listened to what they were chatting about, it's deep.And for the record, RATM didn't choose to be no.1 or in contention, it was a random person on Spacebook who decided to pick a track out of the sky.Zack ain't white neither.It's the stupid sheeps who are going out there to purchase this who have no idea what the band stand for.And by the way, it could be argued "f*ck YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME", is against Simon Cowell and his guaranteed number one.That is all.*Skanks out to Bulls on Parade*

Guest WAVESURFER
this is f*ckin jokes. interview this morning on 5live breakfast show, theyre interviewing rage against the machine, then ratm do a live performance and start shouting f*ck YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME at like 9 in the morninlegendsDEF BUYIN IT NOW

:lol: Good on them, that was funny."GET RID OF IT!"

LOL at them, "Hey don't swear", "f*ck you I won't do what you tell me"Seriously were the folk at 5Live that naive to think they wouldn't do it during a song? and I thought the Beeb didn't promote one thing over another "So buy Joe's record" hmm f*ck herAh f*ck them and that kid Joe who said about his album "it will have some fast and some slow songs" yeah well done son! with a few "errrs"RATM for number 1!

What makes me laugh is Cheryl Cole saying she doesn't want an American band as our XMas number 1 but does she forget the song Joe is singing is wrote by Americans? Double standards there stupid woman.Where as Cowell complains that this campaign is stupid and bullying, whatever happened to freedom of speech? Oh yeah but he is allowed to degrade people on public television for entertainment right?Anyways Joe seems to be 11,000 copies ahead according to NME.