United Shock Swoop for Sol Campbell

Gambino

The Sun:MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to launch a sensational bid for Sol Campbell.Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson sees the former England centre-half as the answer to United's defensive problems now he is finally allowed to play again.Campbell, 35, has been training by himself since leaving Notts County in September, just weeks after signing a five-year deal worth £10million with the League Two side.The one-time Spurs and Arsenal star has now reached agreement with County over his registration which leaves him free to join another club.United desperately need Campbell's experience to overcome a back four crisis that has Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans and John O'Shea all crocked.Midfielders Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher started at centre-half against Wolfsburg last night.United are investigating how quickly they can sign Campbell and the signs are he will be fit for his debut for the champions early in the New Year.Campbell could face the Gunners on January 31 and another ex-club, Portsmouth, on February 6.

Sol Campbell has invited Manchester United to make a move for him after he was linked with a shock switch to Old Trafford.Widespread reports on Wednesday suggested United were lining up a surprise deal for Campbell to bolster their injury-hit defence.The former England international is free to find a new club after finally securing his release from Notts County after an ill-fated spell at the League Two club.The 35-year-old, who will have to wait until January to join a new club, is currently training with former side Arsenal as he looks to maintain his fitness.Reports have claimed United are ready to invite the veteran for training as they weigh up a short-term deal for the central defender.WaitCampbell has revealed he has not heard from anyone at United, but that he would interested in a move to the reigning Premier League champions."I have heard nothing officially from Manchester United, but there have been suggestions and of course, it would be a great move for me, if it happens," Campbell told ESPN."I shall just have to wait and see if a call comes through the right channels."Of course I would love to play for Manchester United, but I am not counting any chickens, just waiting to see what happens."I am training as usual at Arsenal, and would go to train at Manchester United if I was asked."ssn

rather have a center back pairing of nani and micheal owen

If Michael Owen can score hattricks away from home, to the german champions then Sol can emulate the 14 game clean sheet streak.Know this.
Exactly his experience would come in handy aswell as long as his fitness is up to scratch it wouldnt hurt to get him in on a free lol at tottally dissmissing this when we've actually spent money on worse signings

wasnt good enough for notts county....too oldtoo fatno legsgaydo not wantwe got players out on loan who can be recalled

Sol Campbell will not re-join Arsenal while Arsène Wenger has four centre backs available.The former England defender has been training at the Club since his departure from Notts County and is currently looking for a new deal. He has been linked with Manchester United, Newcastle and even a return to Emirates Stadium.At his pre-match press conference on Friday, Wenger did not entirely rule out the move. However with William Gallas, Thomas Vermaelen, Mikael Silvestre and Philippe Senderos at his disposal plus Johan Djourou maybe available in March, he sees no need to take him back."I don't know about that yet," said Wenger. "I haven't thought about it."At the moment we have four centre backs and we will always have four. If one would go I would consider it but at the moment we have four. There is no need to sign anyone else."I love Sol Campbell and the fact he came back here and wanted to practice with us shows that he loves the Club as well. You never say never in these kind of situations. He can still do a job in the Premier League especially now he is fit but at the moment we have no need to sign anybody."http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-no-need-for-campbell-at-the-moment