Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Gayle

Get ready for 'scariest ride in UK'

27 posts in this topic

Alton Towers Resort is to launch "the scariest ride in the UK" next year.Thirteen, built on the site of the old Corkscrew rollercoaster, aims to combine physical and psychological fear and will be dubbed a "psychoaster".The £15 million ride will be restricted to 16 to 55-year-olds only and visitors limited to one ride per day "due to concerns about emotional maturity and physical health", resort bosses said.Visitors will also be required to sign a waiver which assures the resort of their physical and mental health "to avoid any resulting lawsuits".Alton Towers' latest secret weapon comes after the successes of Nemesis, Oblivion and Air and will be based on the discovery of an unearthed ancient burial site in an area of unexplored woodland known as the Dark Forest.A spokesman said: "Visitors will be invited to take a petrifying ride on Thirteen, venturing into the seemingly living and breathing Dark Forest. There they will face an unknown horror that has been unleashed from the ancient crypt."Built on a burial site that is part of the original Alton Abbey, one of the main features will take place inside the unearthed crypt.Morwenna Angove, Alton Towers' sales and marketing director, said: "This new ride will be a shocking, never-experienced-before rollercoaster and we're excited that once again the Alton Towers Resort is able to offer visitors the chance to experience something unavailable in any other part of the world."However, just as we take physical health and safety very seriously, Thirteen demands that we also consider our visitors' emotional health, and as such we're not afraid of introducing necessary measures to ensure riders are fully prepared and healthy enough to brave Thirteen."The new ride took a team of 35 people nine months to build and will be launched in March next year.

Alton Towers is ill, not been for ages.
sameNeed to go sometime again soon

Heard this today.Where are the pics though???
my thoughts exactly *waves index finger*

the signin waiver thing makes me really want o go on it

lol @ branches falling and smacking off your whole face front

On a side note

Takes a good few mins 2 reach the top, the anticipation of the cart pulling you up to the summit > _________________

LOL I swear even my heart went a bit from just watching this lol

Looks sick

World Record at 128 mphWorld Record at 456 feet (45 stories)

Looks sick
this ride is sick! apparently when weather conditions are so so. eg windy, sometimes the ride wont make it fully over the crest and just does a reverse freefall ride back down instead

Looks sick
this ride is sick! apparently when weather conditions are so so. eg windy, sometimes the ride wont make it fully over the crest and just does a reverse freefall ride back down instead
where is this?

Alton Towers >>Went in the summerOblivion still does this ting

About time. No rides seem to make me wanna pee my panties.

Looks sick
where is this?
this type of ride only in the states. for now

'Hulk' is the best roller coaster ive been on (universal studios)

Looks sick
where is this?
this type of ride only in the states. for now
This ride 'Kingda Ka' is in the states, but thorpe park does their own little version of this ride which is Stealth.

Psychoaster lmao
working title for the psycho crusher

i'm sure all the stuff posted by the thread starter is part of their marketing to get people gassed.obviously it's worked.

f*ck it im excited!!! Alton towers is me in the summer. Hopefully with my own car :)

'Hulk' is the best roller coaster ive been on (universal studios)
lol i went on it, it was anythingthe twin dragon ride in atlantis(also in universal studios is much better)