Chris Goldfinger Club in Croydon, South London - SAT 12 DEC - Info...

2deal2

I've been keeping track of this, but I haven't actually been to the club yet...Source: http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestnews/Footballers-celebrities-promised-opening-Croydon-club/article-1592934-detail/article.htmlFootballers and celebrities promised at opening of Croydon club1273086.jpgBy Cherry [email protected] mix of celebrities and footballers are expected to descend on Croydon as one of its most famous nightspots reopens this weekend.The Cartoon pub, in London Road, West Croydon, has been taken over by former Radio 1 DJ Chris Goldfinger - who has promised to put the borough on the party map.A star-studded line-up of guests are expected tomorrow (Saturday) night for the reopening of the venue - which will now be known as The Club.Goldfinger, who presented a reggae show on Radio 1 for 13 years, is promising Premiership footballers from Chelsea and Aston Villa at the opening.And he is also expecting DJs Tim Westwood and Trevor Nelson to be there."It's going to be a very big party," he said. "I want to put some life back into the Croydon clubbing scene. We've got footballers coming down and DJs coming to party."I want to put Croydon on the party map."Up to £100,000 has been spent refurbishing the premises and fitting them with a top class sound system.A huge amount of cash has also been spent on kitting out the venue with top security including CCTV, finger printing devices, ID scanners and metal detectors.Goldfinger says he has taken huge precautions to ensure the club is not tainted by violence."We have a no-nonsense policy," he said. "If people are coming into the club they have to behave themselves."It's something I do worry about. But I've done everything in my power to make sure trouble stays out of the club."Me personally, I don't think it'll open on time, but I hope someone goes and leaves feedback!

another hip hop rnb club. nothing newwhat about a club that actually supports talent or something. Thats how clubs get big names.....
no disrespect mate but you dont have a clue as to what you are talking about....more often than not the most talented djs arent the most popular........and when you have to make £5000 - £8000 a week just to break even you try putting in some Dj that aint got any crowd and see how long you will be in business...running a club and running a clubnite/promotion are two completely different things its like the difference between a nurse and a surgeon....always come across a lot of heads that think that because they have put on one or two promotions who think they can run a club (im not reffering to you im just saying)trust me its not as easy as it looks