Weight gain for 2009

Badman

So how was your year?I can categorically say that I have done next to nothing of cardio/gym this year (mixture of family commitments and pure laziness)Probably gained 1 1/2 stone currently weighing around 15 stoneThat’s 2009Looking to go down to 13 stone (83 kilos) by the end of 2010/Just read that protein shake thread u mans are f*cked. I was like David weight 10 1/2 stone when I was like 21. Best weight gainer = age IMO

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled on four brown toast. With orange.Snack 1 - 4 brown slices tuna, chicken, or turkey slice sandwhich with a cup of cashews.Lunch - Chicken, tuna, or turkey baguette with cashews, dried fruits, and some other nuts. Protein shake number 1.Snack 2 - Same as snack 1Shake before workout with some cashews or peanut butter on an apple.WorkoutShake after workout.Dinner - Heavy serving of pasta, or rice, with either sausages and chicken with the pasta, or lentils and fish with the rice. Or steak, or roast, shepherds pie etc. Few other recipes basically maximising carbohydrate intake while still keeping a healthy protein intake.Snack 3 hour before bed - either leftovers i coudlnt finish, or same as other snacks.It gets a bit much after a while if you don't switch it up. But god does it work.

Guest Triple XXX

ive gained 2 stone since July/Augustwant another 2 i think i can hit that by Feb now that i have shakesalso need to hit a gym, theres one like 3 min walk from me that dnt even require joining, then muscle gym time places

lolit's my genetics im sure.ive always been low bodyfat and a very hard gainerto give you an idea.from the age of 15-17 i weighed a constant 8.5 stone with 6% bf.when i hit 18 i hit 9 stone, and stayed there for a year.i then got more serious about eating and training and put on a lot. but i lose it very quickly if i dont keep it up.its why 14 stone is such a goal for me 2bh. i didnt think putting on 1.5 would be possible in this short a time frame, letalone more.

lolit's my genetics im sure.ive always been low bodyfat and a very hard gainerto give you an idea.from the age of 15-17 i weighed a constant 8.5 stone with 6% bf.when i hit 18 i hit 9 stone, and stayed there for a year.i then got more serious about eating and training and put on a lot. but i lose it very quickly if i dont keep it up.its why 14 stone is such a goal for me 2bh. i didnt think putting on 1.5 would be possible in this short a time frame, letalone more.
You'll look very big at 14 stone. If you're really coming to the Olympians I'm kinda hoping you don't make it that heavy lol. f*ck tackling that. Receivers are supposed to be fun to boy off.

You'll look very big at 14 stone. If you're really coming to the Olympians I'm kinda hoping you don't make it that heavy lol. f*ck tackling that. Receivers are supposed to be fun to boy off.
lol definitely not coming till i hit 14 then :D@ Durrty - you can use calipers all over your body and take the measurements with a little graph you get - but my bros a doc and hes got access to this chamber thing you sit in, so i got mine done that way.

Guest Triple XXX
lol david dont a lot of leisure centers have them machines that u slot 20p in or something its like scales but it measures ur body fat also
lol i wouldnt even kno bruv never been to one

lol david dont a lot of leisure centers have them machines that u slot 20p in or something its like scales but it measures ur body fat also
They do them in boots some times...
I know argos has them scales that reads body fats but its pretty steep from what I remember
i cant speak for individual things your talking about, but as far as i know anything that just sends a current through you (either you hold something, or stand on the scales barefoot) isnt very accurate.I have a weight watchers one - my girl got it from argos - and i can literaly gain / drop 3-5%bfat in a day according to it. obviously thats not happening. i use it for long term trends -when i started this year it avg'd around 25% now it avgs 17% (dont watch the chubbiness.)if you want it done accurately - calipers, hydration tank or scan (mri?) is the way to do it but obviously the last two arent easily accesible.bodybuilding.com has some pictures up of people with their associated body fat percentages so you can guage yourself against them, you just have to immune yourself from all the other bullshit on there....

wahhhhh MRI scan to cal body fat? :D possible but what a waste. if i remember rightly, david's worries shoudlnt be bodyfat% but how not to get blown over by a 10mph wind gust. but yeah, use calipers or just get a rough idea based on waist/height/age/weight calculation.for me i moved up to 189lbs from 175lbs but stepped down to 180 which is where i wanna be, i hover between 180 and 177 nowbf hovers btwn 5-8%

if you want it done accurately - calipers, hydration tank or scan (mri?) is the way to do it but obviously the last two arent easily accesible.
wahhhhh MRI scan to cal body fat? :D possible but what a waste.
i put a ? mark after the MRI in my post, im not sure its an mri scan so im happy to admit this is wrong.. pretty certain there is something they do scan like that will tell you but it may well be something very different to an MRI..

I can understand y Angelo wants 2 gain bare weightbut the rest of you i dnt rele get(unless ure bare light 4 ure height), the main priority wen going gym is power and strength, u dnt need 2 put bare weight on 2 increase thiscan be increased just by persistent training and protein intakeu get people lifting double their body weight which proves u dnt need 2 be some 15 stone brick wallu can be 13stone and benching much more than that