Theo 'fukin' Walcott

n/a

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Lennon batter Slyvinho, a guy with barely any pace left in the locker.Theo is suffering in confidence! Taking him to the U21s in the summer and then dumping him on the bench was a stupid move, he shouldn't have gone in the first place! Being injured all the time doesn't help a player and sharpness will come in time, is he the finished article? No of course not, he is still young, some places peak later than overs, need to stop jumping on the guys back and let him come back to full fitness, sharpness and gaining that confidence he had.The goals against Birmingham and Chelsea, the runs against Liverpool etc are just signs of what he can do when he is on point.No he may not have the footballers brain like most but we have bigger problems than Theo in this side.

Yea Lennon batter Slyvinho, a guy with barely any pace left in the locker.Theo is suffering in confidence! Taking him to the U21s in the summer and then dumping him on the bench was a stupid move, he shouldn't have gone in the first place! Being injured all the time doesn't help a player and sharpness will come in time, is he the finished article? No of course not, he is still young, some places peak later than overs, need to stop jumping on the guys back and let him come back to full fitness, sharpness and gaining that confidence he had.The goals against Birmingham and Chelsea, the runs against Liverpool etc are just signs of what he can do when he is on point.No he may not have the footballers brain like most but we have bigger problems than Theo in this side.
Don't blame Pearce for benching him after that game against Finland.

Guest Malcolm Tucker
cosidering the guys constantly been playing injured/out of posistion, its a dead subject.. the praise he got from people in the know at southhampton was for nothing yeah????hatrick for england.. whats aaron done?
showed consistently for the last three season that he is twice the player theo will ever be.....

cosidering the guys constantly been playing injured/out of posistion, its a dead subject.. the praise he got from people in the know at southhampton was for nothing yeah????hatrick for england.. whats aaron done?
showed consistently for the last three season that he is twice the player theo will ever be.....
He will become twice the player Mr Faze... twice the player.

THEO WALCOTT is already a giant of the Gameboy generation.He is one of the front-cover faces for the latest FIFA 10 computer game, alongside the likes of Wayne Rooney and Ronaldinho.But by his own admission, 2010 is the year when Walcott needs to show he can play like a Galactico on grass for both club and country.Arsenal go into the New Year with renewed belief they can challenge for both the Premier and Champions League. Then in the summer there is England and the World Cup."I am 21 in March and this is a defining year for me," Walcott admits. "Definitely a big year. Once you are 21, you want to be starting for your club and then hopefully your country on regular basis."Obviously for me, one of the highlights of my career so far is to have become the youngest player to have scored a hat-trick for England against Croatia last year."But I don't want to always be remembered for being the youngest England player to score a hat-trick. I need to look at that game and see what I did well and use it as a springboard."With the injuries I have had, it has set me back a bit since then."I need to get back to that level. I need to get MORE involved and I need to get MORE goals."First and foremost, I need to get a consistent run in the Arsenal side. That has to be the focus. I can't start looking too far ahead."So far this season has been frustrating from a personal point of view. I had no pre-season really then I have a series of unlucky injuries."But now I am back, I've had a little run so going into Christmas and the New Year I'm looking at that and saying this is when my season starts."ComplaintWalcott defiantly rejects the notion he is "injury prone". And this season one of his main problems was caused by what can only be described as a ruthless tackle by Birmingham's Liam Ridgewell.Prior to this season, Walcott had been hindered by a genetic shoulder complaint, which he believes he has now finally overcome after two operations.For the first time Walcott reveals the extent of the condition which caused him severe pain and made him a target for critics and opponents.It's also one of the reasons behind a statistic of 68 appearances in three years but only 35 starts since quitting Southampton.WALCOTT: I'm not injury proneWALCOTT: I'm not injury prone"I am definitely not injury prone - I was born with dysfunctional shoulders." he explains."My dad had shoulder problems. It's a genetic thing."I have had operations on both shoulders to stop them from keep popping out and I am confident now that things will be fine."I haven't had to change my game now but there was a time when it was affecting me."Once it started dislocating during a match and it was then popped back, you wouldn't see me for the rest of the game, it was that painful. It was towards the end of the season two years ago."The shoulders were popping out every game and I wasn't playing well. No one knew about it but there were some games when one of the shoulders was popping out five or six times in a match."I have to admit I'd be drifting in and out of those game a lot. Then when it came out I was going to need an operation, a lot of players started taking advantage and whacking me around."Players were targeting me. It was getting too much."I remember a game at Everton, there were hailstones, the worst weather ever ."I just fell over, dislocated my shoulder and had to come off. I knew then I'd had enough and I needed to deal with the problem."StyleSuch a problem takes time for the medics to fully mend especially in the maturing body of a teenager. Surgery also affected Walcott's physical dynamic, a factor picked up by Arsene Wenger.Walcott admits: "My main concern was my running style. When I came first came back from the operation, the boss spotted that my running style was not right. I wasn't pumping my arms up enough."There was also a time before I had the left side done that I would cut inside from the right, using the now stronger right shoulder to fend off and protect my left."But now both have been done I'm confident of going on the outside again."And the fact is there is no problem with my running style now because I have just completed a couple of tests and I have actually got quicker."In fact, I have beaten Thierry Henry's two club records on these tests where you're timed between five and 15 metres and five and 40 metres."ReveresIt's a fact Walcott takes immense pleasure from, especially when Henry was a player he so obviously still reveres.But while he might have beaten the Frenchamn's sprint times, Walcott has a long way to go to overhaul the former Gunner's goal record for the club.Between 1999 and 2007 Henry smashed most of the clubs scoring achievements with 226 goals in 380 appearances, eclipsing Ian Wright's 185.Walcott has thus far scored 15 goals in 114 appearances in all competitions. But many games have been from the bench and as he pointed out : "For me, Henry was the best player in the world - still is, as far as I'm concerned - but he didn't start playing for Arsenal until he was 22. He was a bit of a late developer."From he age of 16 to the age of 21, which I will be in March, you develop a lot as a player, physically too. But I agree I need more goals."As a forward that is what you get judged on, not just performances. "When Wright didn't even start playing pro football with Crystal Palace until he was 24 and joined the Gunners when he was 29, Walcott's eyes light up."Yes, I have got time on my side. Then again I still see this as a big season for me. I can't deny that eventually I see my self as a central striker. I want be getting more goals and assists," he insists. "That is where I played at Southampton. But I understand that at a club like Arsenal I have to learnt play out wide as well and wait for the chance to play through the middle."Walcott's ability to play wide on either flank or through the middle enhances his prospects of making England's 23 man squad in the summer, offering Fabio Capello the option of including a fifth or even sixth forward.Given some of the setbacks he has suffered, Walcott is reluctant to look too far ahead. He knows first and foremost he must deliver for the Gunners.In that respect Walcott's shock inclusion by former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson for the 2006 finals before he even kicked a ball in the Premier League has heaped a constant pressure.And a nagging question. Has the time come for Walcott to produce constant performances to match the profile?MaturityHis response displays impressive maturity which augers well for his career and suggests that even the experience of going to Germany in 2006 could yet benefit Walcott, Arsenal and England."I suppose so in a way, yeah, I have to prove that ," he concedes."I have just two sponsors Nike and EA Sport and I do stuff for them and they pay me money for doing it."But the most important thing is the football."Without that, none of this other stuff would happen. As it stands, if I play well for Arsenal then other things will come including England."Looking back to 2006, things did come around very quickly for me. The move to Arsenal then playing in the World Cup."It did create a lot of pressure. It was so surreal being there at THE World Cup with some great players who had been playing for years in the Premier League and there I was, not having even played a game."But I didn't ask for it. To be honest I never thought I would play yet, as the tournament went on and there were players injured and I didn't get a chance, I did get frustrated."I did a DVD diary every day and seeing my mood change towards the end of the competition was quite revealing, especially when I watched it recently."You could tell I was getting more and more upset and more and more frustrated."It' s a good piece to watch. I have only watched it a few times but I did so a couple of weeks ago."It was unbelievable to be there, fantastic and I wanted to film everything."I just did it for myself. And, for all the frustration, I learned a lot which may help in my career."When I came back to Arsenal I wasn't so in awe of being on the same training pitch as a player like Henry. And I have a big experience about what goes on at a World Cup in terms of the preparation and pressure."But at the moment the aim is the title, FA Cup and Champions League with Arsenal. After our win at Liverpool we have the belief. The manager did such a great job at half time."He was right. We had to show the travelling fans we deserved to wear the shirt. And that has to be the same attitude when it comes to England."If I am picked for the summer will I do another DVD diary ? Sure. I just hope this one has a better ending ..."And by then hopefully Arsenal and England will have stopped waiting for Walcott.