Going to jail for attacking people who break into YOUR house

Angelo

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2778263/Hell-of-dad-who-was-jailed-for-attacking-knife-raider-in-his-home.html
Munir Hussain was sent down for two and a half years on Monday for GBH with intent while the masked burglar who broke into his home with two accomplices brandishing 12inch knives was set free.
Salem, who has 54 previous convictions, tied up Munir, wife Shaheen Begum, sons Awais, 21, Samad, 15, and daughter Arooj, 18. They were then forced to crawl from room to room "in terror" before being made to lie down in the living room.
But it was Munir who was jailed - with a judge telling him he needed to preserve "civilised society." Brother Tokeer, 35, was sentenced to 39 months.
I'm racking my brains at the racial undertones of this.Literally cannot believe this sentence.

Guest Triple XXX

waitso a f*cker breaks into HIS yard, ties up his fam, rollin with shanksn he gets away n the guy whjo was DEFENDING his fam get 2.5 years?nah f*ck thathe shoulda killed the guy

It's to do with stupid laws which basically mean that you can only use violence in self-defence. And, as the robbery was over and the burlgars were leaving, he wasn't acting in self-defence; it was an assault (in the eyes of the law). The judges have minimum terms they have to impose for certain offences (I would imagine he was charged with GBH or something similar), because according to law he should have let them get away and then called the police - ie. "preserved civilised society".Hopefully he goes to an open prison and gets out quickly on appeal.

he made the guy permanently brain damagedhe chased him out his house then beat him with a cricket bat or some sh*t on the roadtbh he did go over the top, yh man was angry but they were no longer on his property an mans batterin the guy to the point where he's now slow

The incident occurred when the Hussain family returned from their mosque during Ramadan to find three intruders wearing balaclavas in their home. Hussain was told that he would be killed. His familys hands were tied behind their backs and they were forced to crawl from room to room.Hussain, 53, made an escape after throwing a coffee table and enlisted his brother Tokeer, 35, in chasing the offenders down the street in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, bringing one of them to the ground. What followed was described in Reading Crown Court as self-defence that went too far. Walid Salem, one of the intruders, suffered a permanent brain injury after he was struck with a cricket bat so hard that it broke into three pieces. Neighbours saw several men beating Salem with weapons, including a metal pole. Munir Hussain is said to feel that he let down his wife, Shaheen Begum, sons Awais, 21, Samad, 15, and 18-year-old daughter Arooj, by failing to defend them against Salem and his gang. Mrs Begum had told the court that she feared the raiders had killed her youngest son. She said: They were hitting my husband. When I asked them to stop or looked up they started hitting him again. They told us to lie face down and not speak, or they would kill us. It was very terrifying.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6956044.ece

afaik - they said were gonna kill them, his son escaped, he thought they had killed his sonso he flippedthat article is not written clearly
yeh thats what i thought.read this in the paper yday and was furious.people tieing you and your fam up, saying your going to kill, armed with knifef = you dead ANYONE would do the same. how did all of them get off with nothingApparently LOADs of people from overseas and allover are complaining etc, so it would help an appeal if he gets one.his brother or son got some time aswell.and he owns a ££££££ buisness so thats gona flop if he doesnt get out, which will f*ck up his life even more.