So Rage Against The Machine done it.

streets.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont like rage, know the majority of people who bought the record are sheep, self righteous sheep at that, so their mentality is slightly worse than the x factor consumers, but whatever it's pretty funny.
^this^ in terms of "ppl power" is guess it's significant not really sure how tho.

lol @ how absolutely meaningless the music charts are these daysthis episode begs the question whether they should be scrapped entirely imo
You're right, it's a good question.I mean, the chart doesn't include any single thats sold for under 40p. So when a retailer like Amazon tries to give the consumer a fairer deal - thousands of sales per week don't get counted towards the chart. This would make a massive difference to an underground/street artist whos fanbase might be more encouraged to buy a single if it was only 29p as opposed to having to download iTunes and paying 99p.I think that once Youtube/Myspace find a technology to clamp down on viewer fixing, song views should also be counted towards the chart.

lol @ how absolutely meaningless the music charts are these daysthis episode begs the question whether they should be scrapped entirely imo
You're right, it's a good question.I mean, the chart doesn't include any single thats sold for under 40p. So when a retailer like Amazon tries to give the consumer a fairer deal - thousands of sales per week don't get counted towards the chart. This would make a massive difference to an underground/street artist whos fanbase might be more encouraged to buy a single if it was only 29p as opposed to having to download iTunes and paying 99p.I think that once Youtube/Myspace find a technology to clamp down on viewer fixing, song views should also be counted towards the chart.
if they could do that it wud b great 4 urban artists

iTunes accounts for a RIDICULOUSLY high percentage of digital sales. I don't have access to the figures to hand, but I recall it being in the region of 90% of sales. Singles prices being fixed for chart eligibility is clearly a form of rigging. The whole system is rigged from paying radio pluggers to racking space to price fixing. It's a bloated self sustaining industry.

Not officially been announced yet. But rumours have it this is how the top 20 including number of sales currently are:

1 KILLING IN THE NAME RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE 5026722 THE CLIMB JOE MCELDERRY 4508383 BAD ROMANCE LADY GAGA 616774 THE OFFICIAL BBC CHILDREN IN NEED MEDLEY PETER KAY'S ANIMATED ALL STAR 526055 STARSTRUKK 3OH3 FT KATY PERRY 407426 YOU KNOW ME ROBBIE WILLIAMS 384357 3 WORDS CHERYL COLE 362328 RUSSIAN ROULETTE RIHANNA 340949 DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' JOURNEY 3333710 MEET ME HALFWAY BLACK EYED PEAS 3251711 TIK TOK KESHA 2657112 YOU ARE NOT ALONE X FACTOR FINALISTS 2009 2440413 DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING ALICIA KEYS 2341514 DECEMBER SONG (I DREAMED OF CHRISTMAS) GEORGE MICHAEL 2224315 LET THE BASS KICK IN MIAMI GIRL CHUCKIE & LMFAO 2155616 MORNING AFTER DARK TIMBALAND/NELLY FURTADO/SOSHY 1968717 FIGHT FOR THIS LOVE CHERYL COLE 1885918 FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK POGUES FT KIRSTY MACCOLL 1845719 WHATCHA SAY JASON DERULO 1827820 LOOK FOR ME CHIPMUNK FT TALAY RILEY 17775

look at the numbers of the first 2 then the thirdf*ckin hell
X-factor selling 450,000 in a week where 1 day was a write off (due to snow) is huge.Next year, you know they are gonna be pulling out all the stops to get that X-mas #1 - or they may realise this is a battle they won't win and aim for another date (like New Years)

I wouldn't put this past Simon to orchestrate the euthanasia of X Factor so it dies a speedy death because it doesn't make him as much money anymore from the actual acts post finale. After the first 2 singles the sales are gash these days.This way BMG still get that obscene money. In fact they made more money from this than if they would have just put out the X Factor tune on its own. Look at the numbers. Ridiculous.But if it gets people realising that if they actually mobilise they can have their voice heard that's a good thing. Just in this instance they were led down a path to spread that voice.But the charts are a mockery now. f*ck that they got rid of Top of the pops but kept the charts.

Guest Triple XXX
lol at the charts, abysmal
15 LET THE BASS KICK IN MIAMI GIRL CHUCKIE & LMFAO 21556
is this a joke ?
tune is a BANGER bruv, lyrics are sh*t, bt the beat bangs

although i prefer im in miami trick