Is Sony Going To Start Charging For Its Playstation Network?

Mr. Gayle

PSN is free, unlike Xbox Live. But maybe not for long; a recent interview with Masayuki Chatani, SCE's Chief Technical Officer, has revealed that they may be charging for their online service."Servers and the like have running costs, and we would face difficulties if our business depended solely on the sell-and-forget model... " Chatani said. "We can also accept payment in a growing number of ways. In addition to single-payment packaged software, there are also schemes like monthly fees or per-item charges. "That Sony is revealing this in the looming shadow of Christmas, especially in such a vague but telling manner, is a horrible idea for sales. And to believe, I was planning to treat myself to a PS3 Slim sometime over the holiday...
http://www.hardestlevel.com/718451075/is-sony-going-to-start-charging-for-its-playstation-network/
Sony is considering offering a premium PlayStation Network subscription in the future. The subscription offering would provide new premium features you could choose to pay for and are in addition to the features currently available for free such as access to online multiplayer gaming (current features would remain free).Following the introduction is a series of definitions of terms such as Token Wagering - a set number of tokens given to subscribers per month that can be used to be on games and exchanged for PSN content - and Cloud Storage Space for Games, which would allow players to save their game online rather than on their hard disk, protecting their data.Other notable services listed as potential premiums include loyalty reward programs, automatic updates, member-exclusive Facebook Connectivity, an online music service and music video service, Hulu TV catch-ups, member-only game content, discounts, demo-sharing (sharing exclusive member-only demos from your full games with friends), and Netflix without a disc.

lol
feeling to cop a ps3 thoughwould rather give sony my £££ rather than ms
Why?
Becuase microsoft are simply cunts who release flawed software and until the 360 hardware aswell whereas my Vaio, 2.1 PC speakers, PS1, PS2, USB etc. are/were all running perfectly..
Flawed ? MS being doing online gaming for years, they does this like its nothing

lol
feeling to cop a ps3 thoughwould rather give sony my £££ rather than ms
Why?
Becuase microsoft are simply cunts who release flawed software and until the 360 hardware aswell whereas my Vaio, 2.1 PC speakers, PS1, PS2, USB etc. are/were all running perfectly..
Flawed ? MS being doing online gaming for years, they does this like its nothing
My point is that MS run a monopoly on various things knowing full well that the product can be 10x better but because of greedy shareholders dont bother.

steam accounts are free, just you gota pay for the games.They give you discount and special offers all the time so they are not that expensive.but ppl will be selling acc's will pre loaded games so thats probs why you see them being sold.
+ download full games straight onto your hard drive+ its own instant messaging systemRemember when I first got steam when I bought Half life 2 in 2004. Way ahead of its time

Guest Triple XXX

have i read wrong or sutin?i swear theyre sayin theyd charge for certain premium things like cloud saving n video rental n all thatcnt see where the f*ck sony is comin from

steam accounts are free, just you gota pay for the games.They give you discount and special offers all the time so they are not that expensive.but ppl will be selling acc's will pre loaded games so thats probs why you see them being sold.
+ download full games straight onto your hard drive+ its own instant messaging systemRemember when I first got steam when I bought Half life 2 in 2004. Way ahead of its time
Sosa / Necksta, your time. I deffo need one of those accounts.

Sosa / Necksta, your time. I deffo need one of those accounts.
trustwhen they allowed any1 with half life cd key to d/l cs/hl/tf for freee>>>>>>>>> was the best year of my life