Jack Wilshere

TF S4DK

Arsene Wenger has ruled out letting Jack Wilshere join FC Twente as Bolton Wanderers prepare to discuss a loan deal for the Arsenal midfielder.Gunners boss Wenger is keen to send Wilshere out on loan during the second half of the season to build up the teenager's first-team experience.Dutch outfit Twente, who are coached by former England boss Steve McClaren, have been linked with a move for the 18-year-old.However, while Wenger is aware of rumours of a possible move to Holland, he is keen for Wilshere to stay closer to home."I've heard Twente are interested, but I would prefer Jack to play in the Premier League," said Wenger."It is easier for us to observe him and come to the conclusion that he is ready to play for us next year."Meanwhile, new Bolton manager Coyle admits a bid for Wilshere could be a topic of discussion after the Trotters' game with Arsenal on Sunday.Coyle expressed an interest in signing Wilshere during his time as Burnley boss and is open to the idea of bringing the England Under 21 international to the Reebok Stadium.Coyle said: "I am sure we will get five minutes somewhere down the line to chat about one or two things, but if Jack is one of those, then who knows?"I don't normally like speaking about another team's players, but the reason I am comfortable in this case is that he is a young player making his way in the game."He will go on to become an England international and a first-team player at Arsenal. But as it is, Arsene might think he needs a bit of development, in terms of match time, so that's something that may be worth chatting about."

• 2 weeks later...

Young midfielder Jack Wilshere has joined Bolton Wanderers on loan until the end of the season.Wilshere, who has made seven Arsenal first-team appearances this season, has gone to on loan to the Reebok Stadium in order to gain valuable experience to progress his development. The 18-year-old England youth international became Arsenal's youngest ever league player, when he made his debut as a substitute at Blackburn Rovers in September 2008. He was 16 years and 256 days old, and ten days later he scored his first senior goal, in the Carling Cup home win over Sheffield United. Jack, from Hitchin in Hertfordshire, made further history for Arsenal when he came off the bench against Dynamo Kyiv in November 2008, to become, at 16 years and 329 days, the youngest player ever to represent Arsenal in European competitions. Wilshere made eight first-team appearances last season and finished the campaign on a high by scoring in the two-legged FA Youth Cup Final win over Liverpool. The left-footed attacking midfielder also signed a new long-term contract with the Club in July 2009. Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Jack the best of luck during his time with Bolton.