Album of the Year 2009

Sinister

Critics have voted Animal Collectives - Merriweather Post Pavilion the album of the year:cover.jpg

Animal Collective is a band originally from Baltimore, Maryland, currently based in New York City. Animal Collective consists of Avey Tare (David Portner), Panda Bear (Noah Lennox), Deakin, also spelled as Deacon or Deaken (Josh Dibb), and Geologist (Brian Weitz). Records released under the name Animal Collective may include contributions from any or all of these members; the lineup is not uniform. The band members met in school and started recording together in various forms of collaboration from a young age. The group also runs the record label Paw Tracks on which they have released their own material as well as that of other artists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_CollectiveWhich is your (Non HipHop/R&B/Grime/Funky) album of the year?

That is a sick album, plus that album cover is one of the best I've seen in a while.Some I do like are;*Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz*Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest*The xx - The xx*Franz Ferdinand - Tonight: Franz Ferdinand*Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum*Julian Casablancas - Phrazes For The Young*The Noisettes - Wild Young Hearts

kings of leon- only by the night*cant think will come back to this*
Nneka - No Longer at Ease - I think it may have been released last year but I only heard it earlier sh*t year. Ready for the weekend is big as well. I been meaning to get the Noisettes album, anyone got a link?

Guest WAVESURFER

Not on the Animal Collective hype.I've really tried with them, I think I've downloaded their last 4 albums every time they've put them out, thinking "Ok, this time I'll get it", but it's never happened. They're just not that good. "My Girls" is a decent song though. Saying that, I prefer the Taken By Trees version:

As for albums of the year, Cryptacize - MythomaniaCamera Obscura - My Maudlin CareerPENS - Hey Friend, What You Doing?Bat For Lashes - Two SunsThe Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - The Pains Of Being Pure At HeartEmmy The Great - First LoveJemina Pearl - Break It UpVivian Girls - Everything Goes WrongCass McCombs - CatacombsWavves - WavvvesWoods - Songs Of ShameYeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz

Not on the Animal Collective hype.I've really tried with them,
Couldn't c/s you more tbh+I came in to say Glasvegas by..Glasvegas, then I realised it was released late 2008 :(If I had to pick an album this year it would probably be Only By The Night, but in doing so I have to point out it isn't nearly as good as Because Of The Times, or Aha Shake HeartbreakBut I think it was a 12 or so track albumandSex On FireUse Somebody17ManhattanCloserRevelryNotionBe SomebodyAre seriously all 5 Star tracks, I doubt you can name me a album that has that many good songs from 09Its just a shame that Sex On Fire, Use Somebody, and to an extent Revelry have been RINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED so badly by the radio stations I hear at work theyve lost all their magic tbhFantastic album anyway*edit*This also came out in 08 wtf???What happened to this past year of my life?!

Guest WAVESURFER
also Scraps is Wavves, Wavvy music and something that deffo needs to be checked out? Wave is my favourite word of the year
:lol: Wavves is probably the second most Waviest artist of the year. After Wavy Crockett himself, Boss Don Biggavel.The 2 waviest tunes he's put out this year IMO are: