Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Francis Coquelin

New R9

55 posts in this topic

wellington-silva-arsenal.jpgArsenal Complete Wellington Silva Signinghttp://youngguns.wordpress.com/2009/12/31/arsenal-complete-wellington-silva-signing/Arsenal have finally wrapped up the protracted signing of Brazil Under 17 international striker Wellington Silva. The prospect will complete the move from Fluminense when he turns 18, in January 2011. The Gunners have taken advantage of a financial problem with Flu and after thrashing out a deal last month, everything has been signed and sealed. Arsenal have paid for 65% ownership of Wellington, and will pay the other 35% when he is eligible to move to England. Fluminense have been struggling to pay players and staff so an immediate payment has been made to ease their cash-flow problems.Agent Rodrigo Pitta conducted business on behalf of the Brazilian Serie ‘A’ club, and confirmed to local newspapers yesterday that everything has gone through.“We completed the transfers last week, he is already an Arsenal player and Fluminense has already received some money.”The chase is finally over for one of the most exciting attackers outside of Europe. The starlet, nicknamed Ciel, impressed during a 7 day trial last Christmas – he even played 45 minutes for the Under 16’s against Norwich – and he made an emphatic impression, scoring 4 goals. In a bid to warn off potential suitors who included Chelsea, Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Barcelona, coach Carlos Alberto Parreira promoted Wellington into his first-team squad trusted Brazil-based scout Sandro Orlandelli managed to orchestrate a deal worth £3.4 million to secure his services. Silva can play either up front or on the wing and he posed for pictures sporting a replica shirt with his name on it for social networking site Facebook shortly after confirmation was recieved.Look forward to him arriving.

deading united from earlyhttp://www.manchesterunitedpremiercup.com/video-gallery/mupc-final-2008 Quite long but is a good watch
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodolpho looks better on that dribble

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodolpho looks better on that dribble
thats what i'm sayin, that didnt even look real.that Welligton kid looks a class above though, Hope the deal falls through,
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid is f*ckED
2.20 Right midfielder and right back get sweated!Looks good
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always weary of these compilation videos. It's all well and good him doing that against a bunch of under 18's but can he do the same in a tougher, adult league?*remembers videos of Jack Wilshire and Vela*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm always weary of these compilation videos. It's all well and good him doing that against a bunch of under 18's but can he do the same in a tougher, adult league?*remembers videos of Merida*
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal are looking into the possibility of keeping Brazilian forward Wellington Silva in North London, not returning him to parent club Fluminense later this month. Silva is currently training with the Gunners before he’s able to complete his switch in January.Flu coach Muricy Ramalho had made Silva a part of his first-team plans for the new Série A season, yet he’s used the 17-year-old sparingly. Chairman Roberto Horcades and Ramalho are now looking at experienced heads to improve on the club’s league position, bringing in the likes of Juliano Belletti and Deco from Chelsea. It means match minutes for the youngster will be limited to the youth teams.Silva has spent part of the summer in North London on what he describes as an “acclimatization period”. Arsenal have got a temporary training visa for the youngster meaning he can play in friendly matches, as he doesn’t need to be registered. The Gunners can’t confirm his signing, thus meaning they can register him as an Arsenal player, until Wellington turns 18, in January.Ivan Gazidis and his team are now considering the possibility of keeping the fleet-footed winger in North London – where he can train and play in behind closed door games until January, when he will be able to finally complete the switch.Arsenal currently own 65% of Silva’s ownership, and will buy the other 35% in January.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I know the rivalry between the two clubs”, he told ESPN Brasil. “In England it is like in Brazil, the fans hate to lose a ‘classico’, albeit only a friendly in preparation for the season. Thank God, we won and I ended up scoring a goal. I’m adapting quite well here. The stadium was packed. The match took place in Ireland, but there were many fans of both teams. It was very nice, since it helped the coaching staff learn more about my style of football. I hope I have impressed the manager and all the fans of Arsenal.”Wellington Silva, after notching his first Gunners reserves goal against Manchester United’s reserves on Thursday night.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arsenal could be forced to loan Brazilian forward Wellington Silva after FIFA back tracked on their initial decision to award the youngster a work permit. Arsene Wenger travelled to FIFA’s Headquarters this morning to secure a special talent visa, but the application was denied.Silva revealed on his Twitter profile last night that Wenger was travelling to FIFA today to secure his release from Fluminense. The 17-year-old went on to say he expected there would be ‘no problems’, as all the indications were that he would be given the visa required to join Arsenal from January.However, in a meeting this afternoon, FIFA officials refused to grant the prospect the necessary paper work. Spanish Segunda outfits Celta Vigo and UD Salamanca have previously expressed an interest in loaning Silva, and if Arsenal fail to have the decision over turned on appeal, a three to five year spell away from the club is certain.http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/12/fifa-back-track-on-wellington-visa/
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wtf some bullshit i thought he was getting the special talent visa

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arsenal have established a long-term strategy for identifying the best talent from around the world.The latest player spotted by the Club’s scouting network is Wellington, a 17-year-old Brazilian striker.Given his exceptional progress at Fluminese, Arsenal decided to fast-track his route towards the first-team by applying for a work permit.The FA hearing was held at Wembley on Thursday and the permit was not granted.Arsenal will now loan out Wellington to a European club and nurture his talent from there.This process has worked well in the past with players such as Carlos Vela and the Club are confident it is the best approach for developing Wellington’s future with Arsenal Football Club.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wellington-to-continue-progress-on-loan/arsenal career
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galindo, Bothelo, now Wellington

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f*cked.Botelho seems like he been in Spain forever. Swear Vela didnt even earn Spanish citizenship, he just got in his national team and was granted his work permit by international caps. Doubt Wellington getting in the Brazil team...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arsenal Football Club has agreed to loan striker Wellington to Levante.The 18-year-old Brazilian will join the Spanish side immediately and stay for the rest of the season. Wellington joined Arsenal from Fluminese.Arsenal has established a long-term strategy for identifying the best talent from around the world.This process has worked well in the past with players such as Carlos Vela.The Club is confident it is the best approach for developing Wellington’s potential.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0