Driving Query

TheCreed

Well basically I have no license (not even done my theory) and roughly about 2months + ago I was stopped by police driving.After all their basic checks and stuff the officers give me some yellow slip thing stating my fine and all that crap, and tell me thatI will need to hand in my provisional along with the counterpart to the nearest police station within a week.They told me that when I handed in my provisional, that they would send it off to put 6 points on my name which would come as soon as I attained a REAL drivers license. Secondly they told me to do this within 1 week or they would (or the authorities) would be in contact again.As I said above....it has now been 2months + and I didnt hand in my provisional coz I actually forgot and as the days passed by I kindathought I would push my luck to see what would happen......still no response.So now im thinkin have they forgot about this? Or will they come banging down my door about my driving offence several weeks/months down the line?I now want to book my theory but wondering if I should risk doing it b4 handing in my provisonal for the 6 points. From what I know and have heard already (although could be wrong), the 6 points DOES NOT mean I am banned. It simply means they would have revoked my license, meaningI would have had to RE-DO my theory and practical again anyway. But as I DONT even have a license, that obviously cant happen.Has anyone been in a similar situation. If not what do you take of this scenario and what would you do?

theyll put the points on your licence anyway, whether you go to the station or not basicallythey wont forget about it but it will take them ages to process,6 points dosent mean your gonna lose your licence, as your only on a provisional you can still book your theory but when you get your full licence your 6 points will be on there

So can you still take the driving test if you have 6 points on your provisional licence?According to the person I spoke to at the DVLA, you can still take the UK driving test, and if you pass, you will be issued with a full british driving licence, but you are not allowed any additional points on your licence or it will be revoked if it occurs within 2 years of you passing the test and you still have the 6 points on your licence.Points on your provisional licence usually last 4 years, and you have to apply to the DVLA to have them removed, they don't automatically get removed. If you have a question you would like answered that hasn't been dealt with on my blog (use the search function first, and don't forget the comments section as well), then contact me.http://www.ukadi.co.uk/2007/05/6-points-on-provisional-license.html

Boy...thanks everyone anywaySeems there are still some mixed answers as some say my license will be revoked as soon as i pass but....Reading Zero's link. The guy said that my license WILL NOT be revoked but the 6 points will be put there automaticallyand any further points will result in license being revoked.Lol f*ck it I'm gona book anyway.

Your gonna get automatically banned the day you pass your testso your gonna have to do it twice
Is the answer your lookin for.
pissed.also ignoring a producer results in a court summons and a large fine.
I didnt even ignore it, I honestly just forgot.But your scaring me now still...I'm gona hand it in lolGotta carry my passport for I.D now <_<

So can you still take the driving test if you have 6 points on your provisional licence?According to the person I spoke to at the DVLA, you can still take the UK driving test, and if you pass, you will be issued with a full british driving licence, but you are not allowed any additional points on your licence or it will be revoked if it occurs within 2 years of you passing the test and you still have the 6 points on your licence.Points on your provisional licence usually last 4 years, and you have to apply to the DVLA to have them removed, they don't automatically get removed. If you have a question you would like answered that hasn't been dealt with on my blog (use the search function first, and don't forget the comments section as well), then contact me.http://www.ukadi.co.uk/2007/05/6-points-on-provisional-license.html
Melanie said... That's really useful to know - thanks! I went through a red light - on an official driving lesson, in a dual control car (!) and received 3 points.
lmao

If the officer aint done his paper work when he got back to the office then you could be smiling through 2010Cause the simpleness of the matter is, you will receive a court summons to whatever address you gave the copper if sh*t has been processed.