What happened to that "real" African photos thread?

streets.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh i prefer franks pictures, show the real africa, not some boog european assimilations of what a city should look like
this is what i said in the other thread, ppl were posting pics of traffic jams and shopping malls, like trying to be like america is a good thing.
xacly what i was thinkin when i see the pics in this threadlike look at us we've made it, we've destroyed the natural land scape and the air is pollution. but i dnt prefer franks pictures, them man are probably just drugged up child soldiers an rapists, goin around choppin up their one another for change

imagine living in nigeria, errrcome on just imagine it living ur life over there haha
i got an uncle who lives out there, man got a nice job, driver, yard what nothe said its like helli was like but how comes the fobs here all wanna go back he goes 'dont make dem fool you, go back to what'man broke down life out there for me over a few hours, sounded grim tbh

mans livin it tbhhes worked in ghana, loved it, said it was like Jamaicalike hes in Nigeria now yh, he was advised to use a pseudonym, not to pay for anything by cardhe says if u dnt have a generator ur f*cked, like theres only 3 hours of electricity u get of the grid in a day maxthe whole worlds cut Nigeria off of the Internetanything u wanna buy thats brand names is hella expensive, down to heinz baked beanshe says the attitude of the people ain coolif u got money is supposed to be nice, but hes tellin me the poor people are jus f*ckedyh theres development happening and thats good but dnt fool people and act like people arnt jus dying on the road out there an gettin walked past like its nothing

nemesis, the same reasons you like about living in nigeria could be the same reasons why people want to move from there.you shouldnt judge a person over the internet, it's a stupid thing to do, and seeing as your talking like your a well spoken person and what not, that was childish.

tbh I detected a slight air of snobbery in what nemesis said to radio.The talk about no male role model and being in jail/numerous kids etc.Bit hypocritical to then turn around and accuse people of snobbery and looking down on people.Lost./It's the same situation in a lot of poorer countries. In cuba family of mine have servants and gated places and people who bring them sh*t. Doesn't make the place any nicer to live in. And when the government wants to take what you've got, you can be f*cked if you think you're going to get it back. Look at the reason why a lot of immigrants to this country had servants and maids back where they originally came from.The ones who emigrate are usually the ones with the means to do so.

nemesis, the same reasons you like about living in nigeria could be the same reasons why people want to move from there.you shouldnt judge a person over the internet, it's a stupid thing to do, and seeing as your talking like your a well spoken person and what not, that was childish.
no.......whats childish is an idiot making statements about "nasty naija food bun chicks and stupid accents"if you read the thread you will see that it was only when that renta dredd made those stupid idiot comments that i had to rinse him....i really have a low tolerance for ignorant people....people with that attitude are ten a penny....nothing constructive to say about anything, always negative ....always hating from the sidelines....petty mindedi love to see people doing well and trying to achieve their ambitions however big or small and i cant stand the type who always try and criticise while contributing nothing worthwhile to society

tellin man he ain got a dadan callin him a renta dreadall these sly caribbean stereotype cusses, thats childish f*ck up
i dont know where he is from so dont assume.......the reason i call him rent a dredd is because the concious Rastas I know do not have such negative views about Africa and Africans which leads me to believe by his statements that he is just growing locks for fashion and not for cultural reasons........and by the way ive been to the carribean nuff and i love it and if i didnt move to Nigeria ,Ghana Jamaica or Trinidad would have been next

I swear Radio was chattin the biggest amount of sh*t first tho. If it takes askin where his dad is at or gettin El Kaptain to threaten him again to shut him up then so be it.
thats what im saying bruv.....man was running his gums so i gunned him back ,its a minor.......maybe i went a bit too deep but i was cussing HIM not his country which is the difference.......we all joke about each others country ,if i had a penny for everytime my Jamaican or Ghanian friends said all we Nigerians do is 419 i wouldnt need to do 419 (joke)....but I would never disrespect where a man is from, so why should i accept it

if any1 is interested the guy in the wedding dress is a member NPFL in liberia, they wear womens garms, wigs and halloween masks to f*ck with peoples heads. theyve been accused of a few massacres to.
thanx, i was gonna ask the signifigance of the wedding dress, where can i find out more about this kind of stuff, its quite interesting but i dont really know much about it

imagine living in nigeria, errrcome on just imagine it living ur life over there haha
better life than over here trust me......constant sun.....good food......standard of living ten times better than the UK...how much tax do you pay?...because we arent taxed over here.....your money goes further...dont fool yourself my friend
hmm, thats true on many levels, but in the majority scale of things its not. obviously you should know more about nigeria that me but from an outsider's view i also lived there for sec school when my dad was over there for business, and we still go back there (early 09 was the last time) on occasion. Nigeria is alot like brasil, in terms of wealth spread. and just like brasil but on a much larger scale there are THREE main types of people in nigeria :1: those who are working for the govt, directly or indirectly and are sorted through corrupt means2: those who's parents were or are in 1: above and have sorted out their kids, or those in legitimate big business doing very well3: those who are trying to leave but cant.where nigeria's worse than brasil is that the 4 main factors for any reasonable life : water, electricity, medical, and transportation are shambles.when i went to lagos last yr i was shocked as nothing much had changed from when i last was there 6yrs b4 that, if not looking worse. yes i stayed at some island in lekki with all the nice houses and cars, but when it rained the whole place was a dump and we were stuck in the house for a day bcos there was no drainage on the roads. in a way you just highlighted the big problem with nigeria, which is that people pretend to live in some fantasy world. but no matter how rich one lives there you cant do without the fact that your generator will be in use 95% of the day because of lack of electricity, you need to have your own water treatment facility in your house cos the public one is non existent. and this is in the big cities, and like most countries 60-80% of the total population live in the small rural areas. if the cities lack such basic things what hope do the villages have. the middle classes cant have a better standard of living bcos over there they cant afford the basic things the middle classes in the west enjoy, like stable electricity, public services, and good healthcare. its the world 4th largest oil producer but has little or no oil supply for its own people. how many times do you see queues for petrol in the UK that doesnt even produce much of its own oil? the mere fact that you're pleased you dont pay tax, proves that something is terribly wrong, and thats why there are little public utillities cos no one is paying for it apart from the govt through oil revenue and thats nowhere near enough. as a country its got amazing potential but its like they are building a big mansion with terrible foundations,

I need to hit Abuja, everyone says it is much much better than Lagos. And NEPA don't take light, and of course people who grew up there (FOB's as smaddy referred to them) want to go back, its what they know. Whilst its not the same standard of life that we have over here, family is so much closer over there from what I saw, and its one of the reasons my Mum wants to go back.

Im not really too fond of the African middle/upper classFrom what ive seen anyways especially in Ghana most are show offs and are in competition with the next man and they dont give a toss about the poorer classes really look down on themBlack mentality <
This is not a black mentality, this is a bourgeois mentality

i think the point of this thread is some people may think the 1 pound a month poverty adverts on tv for aff children may be what all of africa is likethis is just letting you see the other side you dont see on tv moretimeam i wrong
yh but this isnt america were not idiots who think africa is just jungle nd starvin kidswhats the point in postin pics of banks nd roads boats we no they got that pics are good like the scenery ones or beauty of africas

better life than over here trust me......constant sun.....good food......standard of living ten times better than the UK...how much tax do you pay?...because we arent taxed over here.....your money goes further...dont fool yourself my friend
hmm, thats true on many levels, but in the majority scale of things its not. obviously you should know more about nigeria that me but from an outsider's view i also lived there for sec school when my dad was over there for business, and we still go back there (early 09 was the last time) on occasion. Nigeria is alot like brasil, in terms of wealth spread. and just like brasil but on a much larger scale there are THREE main types of people in nigeria :1: those who are working for the govt, directly or indirectly and are sorted through corrupt means2: those who's parents were or are in 1: above and have sorted out their kids, or those in legitimate big business doing very well3: those who are trying to leave but cant.where nigeria's worse than brasil is that the 4 main factors for any reasonable life : water, electricity, medical, and transportation are shambles.when i went to lagos last yr i was shocked as nothing much had changed from when i last was there 6yrs b4 that, if not looking worse. yes i stayed at some island in lekki with all the nice houses and cars, but when it rained the whole place was a dump and we were stuck in the house for a day bcos there was no drainage on the roads. in a way you just highlighted the big problem with nigeria, which is that people pretend to live in some fantasy world. but no matter how rich one lives there you cant do without the fact that your generator will be in use 95% of the day because of lack of electricity, you need to have your own water treatment facility in your house cos the public one is non existent. and this is in the big cities, and like most countries 60-80% of the total population live in the small rural areas. if the cities lack such basic things what hope do the villages have. the middle classes cant have a better standard of living bcos over there they cant afford the basic things the middle classes in the west enjoy, like stable electricity, public services, and good healthcare. its the world 4th largest oil producer but has little or no oil supply for its own people. how many times do you see queues for petrol in the UK that doesnt even produce much of its own oil? the mere fact that you're pleased you dont pay tax, proves that something is terribly wrong, and thats why there are little public utillities cos no one is paying for it apart from the govt through oil revenue and thats nowhere near enough. as a country its got amazing potential but its like they are building a big mansion with terrible foundations,
i think you have a lot of valid points....like i said before the biggest problem Nigeria and Africa as a whole faces is corruption and bad leadership.......Ive been to Brazil and when i saw the size of the favelas i was shocked, despite it being the powerhouse of south america i was suprised to see such poverty....we have ghettos like everyone else but the only places i have seen that crazy were when i was taken to a township in South Africa....the rich in Brazil have a seige like mentality which i think people in Nigeria has to guard against.....they live in gated communities with bodygaurds and bulletproof cars....and i can see that happening in certain countries in africa like nigeria,ghana,angola and guineato give you an example the Us has one presidential jet airforce one...the UK has none...Nigeria has 4 with 2 more just ordered...the waste of money is tragicNigeria runs because of private enterprise which is booming ,if you have a good idea or good business sense you will make a LOT of money because its basically an open market ,much more than you will over here and have a better standard of living, but at federal level the government is useless...the only decent thing they have done was to pay off all the nations external debt...like i said before oil was the worst thing that happend to the country and unfortunately Angola and republic of guinea have gone the same way....one thing i will say they got right is the capital, Abuja its beautiful and it runs well (although i dont like the place).....Lagos is a lot better and the governor has won a lot of awards, the problem there is overpopulation...20 million people in a place the size of London is too crazy...China is the current economic superpower , India is definitely next and after that if and its a big IF certain countries in Africa can sort out their leadership and fight corruption it will be one of any five African countries which will emerge as an economic powerhouse, this is why China is investing so much money in Africa because it sees the futureIts definitely over for the UK and to a lesser extent the US in terms of being the economic superpowers they really dropped the ball and f*cked up