What happened to that "real" African photos thread?

streets.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imagine living in nigeria, errrcome on just imagine it living ur life over there haha
better life than over here trust me......constant sun.....good food......standard of living ten times better than the UK...how much tax do you pay?...because we arent taxed over here.....your money goes further...dont fool yourself my friend
hmm, thats true on many levels, but in the majority scale of things its not. obviously you should know more about nigeria that me but from an outsider's view i also lived there for sec school when my dad was over there for business, and we still go back there (early 09 was the last time) on occasion. Nigeria is alot like brasil, in terms of wealth spread. and just like brasil but on a much larger scale there are THREE main types of people in nigeria :1: those who are working for the govt, directly or indirectly and are sorted through corrupt means2: those who's parents were or are in 1: above and have sorted out their kids, or those in legitimate big business doing very well3: those who are trying to leave but cant.where nigeria's worse than brasil is that the 4 main factors for any reasonable life : water, electricity, medical, and transportation are shambles.when i went to lagos last yr i was shocked as nothing much had changed from when i last was there 6yrs b4 that, if not looking worse. yes i stayed at some island in lekki with all the nice houses and cars, but when it rained the whole place was a dump and we were stuck in the house for a day bcos there was no drainage on the roads. in a way you just highlighted the big problem with nigeria, which is that people pretend to live in some fantasy world. but no matter how rich one lives there you cant do without the fact that your generator will be in use 95% of the day because of lack of electricity, you need to have your own water treatment facility in your house cos the public one is non existent. and this is in the big cities, and like most countries 60-80% of the total population live in the small rural areas. if the cities lack such basic things what hope do the villages have. the middle classes cant have a better standard of living bcos over there they cant afford the basic things the middle classes in the west enjoy, like stable electricity, public services, and good healthcare. its the world 4th largest oil producer but has little or no oil supply for its own people. how many times do you see queues for petrol in the UK that doesnt even produce much of its own oil? the mere fact that you're pleased you dont pay tax, proves that something is terribly wrong, and thats why there are little public utillities cos no one is paying for it apart from the govt through oil revenue and thats nowhere near enough. as a country its got amazing potential but its like they are building a big mansion with terrible foundations,
pawsed..summed up nicely..

i think the point of this thread is some people may think the 1 pound a month poverty adverts on tv for aff children may be what all of africa is likethis is just letting you see the other side you dont see on tv moretimeam i wrong
yh but this isnt america were not idiots who think africa is just jungle nd starvin kidswhats the point in postin pics of banks nd roads boats we no they got that pics are good like the scenery ones or beauty of africas
There are people who believe this though! As ignorant as they are people still hold these views.Which is why this thread was made in the first place.... but both Streets and Franks posts are extremes tbh.

Dont think corruption is the main problem in AfricaCorruption is everywhere and even worse in the western world. Only thing is they are better at not making it so blatent.I got schooled by a Nigerian lady working in Ghana last time I went there, she opened up my eyes.I do c/s bad leadership though

Im not really too fond of the African middle/upper classFrom what ive seen anyways especially in Ghana most are show offs and are in competition with the next man and they dont give a toss about the poorer classes really look down on themBlack mentality <
This is not a black mentality, this is a bourgeois mentality
True, but on the flip side it also holds the same truths for people being born into an aristocratic family or family memebers of people in power like the government etc.If u look at certain 'Rich' African countries you will see for example a president buying expensive pointless houses (mansions) for his family and close aids while their people dont even have basic medication for stone age old diseases that its very existance is insulting, just serves no logic. Rowlings did this in ghana when he was in power. Moral of the story, if your in my social circle your sorted mate, if ur not then I dont give a f*ck about youThere is obviously many other factors that have to be considered this is only a small sample of the overall problem

ur response was good nemesis. its true about being very business minded and theres lots off opportunities.you only need to see how many different cultures are on the plane journey to nigeria to know something is up.the people you see arent just businessmen either there for 2 days, they are going with their families.but the sad thing is everyone is going to get what they can and leave. china isnt investing in africa cos it sees it as the futureit already knows its potential, and all china is doing is what the europeans did, i.e. taking all it can from africa while putting very little back, but making themselves the new superpower in the process

johnn.jpg
if any1 is interested the guy in the wedding dress is a member NPFL in liberia, they wear womens garms, wigs and halloween masks to f*ck with peoples heads. theyve been accused of a few massacres to.
thanx, i was gonna ask the signifigance of the wedding dress, where can i find out more about this kind of stuff, its quite interesting but i dont really know much about it
Hate to burst any bubbles but people do realise that pic is from a film? It's annoying me that I can't remember what its called, wanna watch it now looked good. Anyone?

Guest Triple XXX
ur response was good nemesis. its true about being very business minded and theres lots off opportunities.you only need to see how many different cultures are on the plane journey to nigeria to know something is up.the people you see arent just businessmen either there for 2 days, they are going with their families.but the sad thing is everyone is going to get what they can and leave. china isnt investing in africa cos it sees it as the futureit already knows its potential, and all china is doing is what the europeans did, i.e. taking all it can from africa while putting very little back, but making themselves the new superpower in the process
too f*ckin trueits jus one massive cycleone country rapes the land, couple decades later another doesand so forthi dnt think Africa can ever get out of that as much as it pains me to say.

johnn.jpg
if any1 is interested the guy in the wedding dress is a member NPFL in liberia, they wear womens garms, wigs and halloween masks to f*ck with peoples heads. theyve been accused of a few massacres to.
thanx, i was gonna ask the signifigance of the wedding dress, where can i find out more about this kind of stuff, its quite interesting but i dont really know much about it
Hate to burst any bubbles but people do realise that pic is from a film? It's annoying me that I can't remember what its called, wanna watch it now looked good. Anyone?
ahhh ok is the film about liberia? sum of the other pics r of real npfl soldiers.