Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PopT

Braces

23 posts in this topic

How much are braces for the people who went privateI had braces when i was about 15/16, after taking them off i was given retainers... after a few months i had lost my retainers and i was told that i would be given a replacement.. After following up on the situation i was never given a replacement, basically my teeth went back to how they originally were. I’m 21 now, and I am aware that I am a bit old for braces, my teeth aient bad bad but i think i should get them again.. Because i don’t want gaps in my teeth forever.... cut a long story short.. (NOW THAT IM 20 THEY ARE NO LONGER FREE ON THE NHS)How much are braces for the people who went private, when i was 18 the woman told me a bag but now that im 20 i am just curious.(i have looked on other sites by the way, just looking for personal experience)

2 g;s

my friend paid 15 hundred to get hers done, they are the "invisible" ones though

privately it can between £1000 to 2,500

wtfI had no idea that braces were so expensive

dentists are cakingwish i knew this when i was still in school so i could become one

Are you nigerian?
nah why would you ask that

wtfI had no idea that braces were so expensive
i noo its madd init

my friend paid 15 hundred to get hers done, they are the "invisible" ones though
do you know which ones she used

Are you nigerian?
nah why would you ask that
Nvm

looking to get some on my bottom setthey're not even bad but not perfectly straight

show me your teeth and ill make a fair decision on whether you need them or not.

Even though mine ain't that bad im just gonna wait a few years, have them done through cosmetic surgery.Allow paying all that money for braces and waiting all them months when you can throw abit more change and get immediate resultsmy opinion anyway

dentists are cakingwish i knew this when i was still in school so i could become one

me and my sister were just talking about braces before I logged on. I told her to get hers asap, whilst it's still free.

I paid £2,500 for mine but that was for the white ones which cost alot more

2 Grand?? wow..Never been dentists in my life, I feel like im missed out

If the gap comes back after braces that means you need to get that piece of gum removed that is right in the middle (the part that hangs in front of your teeth at the top). That's what my sister had to get done anyway.

If the gap comes back after braces that means you need to get that piece of gum removed that is right in the middle (the part that hangs in front of your teeth at the top). That's what my sister had to get done anyway.
yep, thats called a frenectomy, more often that not that will be removed before the braces are fitted if they think it will be a problem.i used to work in an orthodontists and private patients would pay anything between 900 to 1,500 for braces, depending on whether they had the metal or invisible ones, whether they had top bottom or both sets and if they needed teeth removed etc, but this is going back 4 years ago now so its obviously a bit more expensive now, ur best bet really is to go and have a consultation and see exactly what it is u need doing because everyones treatment is different, although ur looking at about 50 quid for a consultation aswell

its only free if they deem it a "hazard"went to do mine when i was 15 and cos i have a perfect side bite they deemed i would only be getting em for cosmetic reasons <_<it was a bag then, still looking to get em down @ some point