Braces

PopT

How much are braces for the people who went privateI had braces when i was about 15/16, after taking them off i was given retainers... after a few months i had lost my retainers and i was told that i would be given a replacement.. After following up on the situation i was never given a replacement, basically my teeth went back to how they originally were. I’m 21 now, and I am aware that I am a bit old for braces, my teeth aient bad bad but i think i should get them again.. Because i don’t want gaps in my teeth forever.... cut a long story short.. (NOW THAT IM 20 THEY ARE NO LONGER FREE ON THE NHS)How much are braces for the people who went private, when i was 18 the woman told me a bag but now that im 20 i am just curious.(i have looked on other sites by the way, just looking for personal experience)

If the gap comes back after braces that means you need to get that piece of gum removed that is right in the middle (the part that hangs in front of your teeth at the top). That's what my sister had to get done anyway.
yep, thats called a frenectomy, more often that not that will be removed before the braces are fitted if they think it will be a problem.i used to work in an orthodontists and private patients would pay anything between 900 to 1,500 for braces, depending on whether they had the metal or invisible ones, whether they had top bottom or both sets and if they needed teeth removed etc, but this is going back 4 years ago now so its obviously a bit more expensive now, ur best bet really is to go and have a consultation and see exactly what it is u need doing because everyones treatment is different, although ur looking at about 50 quid for a consultation aswell