United Fans some good news

Admin.

MANCHESTER UNITED No2 Mike Phelan has emerged as a shock contender to take over as boss of Burnley.The Red Devils' assistant manager is the bookies' favourite to replace Owen Coyle at Turf Moor, after the Clarets placed the Scot on gardening leave.Coyle is expected to move to Bolton as the replacement for sacked Gary Megson, but Burnley are demanding £3million compensation from the Trotters for his services.And Phelan — Alex Ferguson's right-hand man at Old Trafford — could be the man to fill the void left by the 43-year-old.Phelan, 47, started his playing career with Burnley in 1979 and spent six years with the club, making 168 appearances during his time there.--------------------------Fergie does have burnelys ear aswell

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets even better

GARY NEVILLE is set to retire from football at the end of this season.The Manchester United hero is out of contract in June and there are no plans to offer a new one.Right-back Neville, 34, has been hit by a series of injuries over the last two years. Fellow United veterans Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs have new one-year deals.Ex-England star Neville has played 583 first-team games so far in a superb 18-year career at Old Trafford.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2797677/Neville-set-to-quit-football.html#ixzz0buvYZ6LM
Rat faced c*nt wanker.

It gets even better
GARY NEVILLE is set to retire from football at the end of this season.The Manchester United hero is out of contract in June and there are no plans to offer a new one.Right-back Neville, 34, has been hit by a series of injuries over the last two years. Fellow United veterans Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs have new one-year deals.Ex-England star Neville has played 583 first-team games so far in a superb 18-year career at Old Trafford.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2797677/Neville-set-to-quit-football.html#ixzz0buvYZ6LM
Rat faced c*nt wanker.Yeah heard on talksportThat golden age is almost all gone

SMH i dread the day when we have a back staff full of foreigners the way alot of people on here would want it, in a couple of years we'll hgave a portugesse manager and a host of foreign ("big name" coaches f*ck that hopefully one of Ryan Giggs or Gary Neville join the coaching staff when they hang up their boots, to me its no suprise that Liverpools glory age came for their boot room policy and no matter how much i dislike that club thats one thing that should be admired and respected. with the lack of young local lads coming through us supporters are gonna become more and more ailienated from the club as a whole i dread that day, Local people and ex players being apart of the set up>>>>>>

he was and should not have been promoted to assistant manager,he's f*ck*ng clueless on the touchline. i am directly blaming him for our current style of football.Gary Neville>>>kompressor comes across confused, talking about foreign this, foreign that blah blah,then has that sig. smh.

i'm not saying that we shouldnt have any foreign players or staff, I'm saying that i dread the day when the general makeup of our players and staff is foreign nothing confusing about that. surely you get that?Like for instance when Arsenal play a whole 11 without an English player amonst them, it doesn't mean they hate Cesc or dont have love for the guy it just means that they would like to see a Local lad in the set up, someone who they can relate to.and how do you know he's clueless, how many training sessions have you attended that he has delivered. your blaming him for our current style of football, Our style of play has been in decline for years, its just a whole lot more apparent now as we dont have Ronaldo bailing us out every now and then,

realistically a back room full of foreign coaches and staff is just not gonna happen, so i have no clue what you was moaning about.I've been, unfortunately, in the south stand directly behind the dugout, when queiroz was number 2 and since phelan been number 2.difference in both styles is clear.don't give a f*ck about training matchday is when it matters and the way queiroz instructed players>>>while phelan scratches his head. like i said he should have not been promoted, his army style coaching was best suited to his coaching role.2 seasons ago our style was fine, fair enough CR7 departed, but even last season you could see his influence in shaping the way we played.

Ok well slate Fergie for promiting him "while he was clueless" either way like Fergie said when he was appointed, his job description and duties wouldnt really change that much anyway from what he was doing before. so as i said slate fergie for not finding an "adequete assistant" and i never said we WILL have a back room staff full of foreigners, i said i dread the day that happens. and that its important to have local pro's and people with a history at the club on the staff, surely you dont disagreewith that.our style of football 2 season ago compared to the style of the treble season and the years around that was sh*t. SIMPLEand theres no reason why it should be like that unless your gonna blame Phelan for the decline since then. Lol at blaming this one guy for the change in style, when its been in decline for the last 10 years

So what about when we started playing 4-5-1 and the numpties at OT regularly booed the "unattractive and boring "football beiing played,was Phelen to blame for that aswell?its not being Dramatic its an oppinion, i'm not saying Phelen is the messiah or the greatest assistant in the world, but to make him a scapegoat for the last two season is riddiculous. our poor style in my oppinion is down to our reluctance to take as many risks, and also due to us not having as many flair players as we should have, we have been turned into a more functional effective unit than an exciting force. Fergie even hinted that we may go that way more due to Chelseas's dominance a few seasons back.if you think its only been the last 2 seasons then your burying your head in the sand, in the last few season i only remember 1 scintilating United match and that was when we demolished Villa at OT.Phelen is not to blame for our style the teams around us and the players we have at our disposal are,

i'm not saying that we shouldnt have any foreign players or staff, I'm saying that i dread the day when the general makeup of our players and staff is foreign nothing confusing about that. surely you get that?Like for instance when Arsenal play a whole 11 without an English player amonst them, it doesn't mean they hate Cesc or dont have love for the guy it just means that they would like to see a Local lad in the set up, someone who they can relate to.and how do you know he's clueless, how many training sessions have you attended that he has delivered. your blaming him for our current style of football, Our style of play has been in decline for years, its just a whole lot more apparent now as we dont have Ronaldo bailing us out every now and then,
:mellow:

4-5-1 was an experiment with scholes gone wrong, some of our best football was played with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 couple seasons ago.

our poor style in my oppinion is down to our reluctance to take as many risks, and also due to us not having as many flair players as we should have, we have been turned into a more functional effective unit than an exciting force. Fergie even hinted that we may go that way more due to Chelseas's dominance a few seasons back.
i agree, and this has occured imo due to...guess who? and has also coincidently seem certain players playing a more withdrawn role/getting more mins.

Didn't even clock this the other day.

Hargreaves Grief set to end.

OWEN HARGREAVES gave Manchester United and England a massive boost yesterday by playing his first game for 16 months.

The midfielder took part in a specially arranged practice match at United's Carrington training ground.

He has not played for the first team since the 1-1 draw against Chelsea on September 21, 2008.

There have been fears that Hargreaves might never recover from tendinitis in his knees.

But he lasted the full 90 minutes yesterday.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had claimed he would return to action last September, but there was never any chance of that.

Hargreaves' chronic knee condition is similar to that of tennis ace Rafa Nadal and has to be carefully managed if he is to make a first team comeback, which is still several weeks away.

Hargreaves' progress will be noted by England coach Fabio Capello, who has never been able to pick the midfielder.

The versatile Hargreaves was a star of the 2006 World Cup and Capello wants him at this summer's finals in South Africa.