• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Sons want mother's rant removed from YouTube

12:00pm Friday 15th January 2010

By Kirsty Whalley

The family of the woman who has become an internet hit for her colourful rant at a man outside Mayday Hospital want the video removed from YouTube.

Margaret Green, 57, died in December and was buried on January 5, the day the video was put up.

The clip starts with a man apparently swearing at Mrs Green from his position on the floor, propped up against a brick wall. He appears to be making racist comments at her.

She swears back at him and hits him with her handbag.

Her distressed husband of 27 years has suffered a stroke since seeing the one minute film and her sons Adrian and Wayne want it removed.

Mr Green, 24, told the Croydon Guardian he was seeking legal advice to get the video taken down from YouTube and a fan site shut down on facebook.

Mr Green, who lives with his 67-year-old father Clifford in Croydon, said: “It is causing distress for my dad and my family. I have one older brother and two older sisters, they share my views. She has barely been buried, she needs to rest in peace.

“She died at home, on the phone to the ambulance.” He said his mother was ill because of a problem she had a with her small intestine.

The video was uploaded by someone calling themselves LittleBaron who said they did it for “a bit of fun”.

Mr Green said: “I believe the person who put it up was someone who works for the ambulance service.” He said he had not tried to approach them directly because he was too angry.

He paid tribute to his much-missed mother.

“She was a great person, every family has their ups and downs but she always tried to help people wherever she could. It is difficult for me to talk about her right now, it was the same at her funeral, I could not find the words.”

Mr Green admitted his mother was feisty.

“She clearly had arguments with people, I don’t know who the man on the floor was but she was standing up for my dad. He is from Jamaica and they were married for 27 years.

“I can’t understand the kicks people get out of seeing a dead woman hitting a man with her handbag.

“At first I found it quite funny but it has been taken too far, there are unfair comments on the website and there is talk of it going on RudeTube. I do not want my mother on TV.”

YouTube did not comment when contacted by the Croydon Guardian.