Emile Heskey should he be in da World Cup squad?

Teflon N West

tbh this whole Heskey and Foster for england thing is the only thing that Capello has let himself down with, he said he'll only play players who are playing for their clubs and in form. Zamora should have a chance but theres a certain type of snobbery in footbal that means Zamora has little to no chance of going to the world cup, Owen's record speaks for itself and to have him as a sub is worthwhile however wether he should go or not is very questionable

tbh this whole Heskey and Foster for england thing is the only thing that Capello has let himself down with, he said he'll only play players who are playing for their clubs and in form. Zamora should have a chance but theres a certain type of snobbery in footbal that means Zamora has little to no chance of going to the world cup, Owen's record speaks for itself and to have him as a sub is worthwhile however wether he should go or not is very questionable
Why is it questionable? aside from his proven goal scoring record at every level from the Premiership to Champions League to UEFA Cup to La Liga to Internatinal level, he is still banging in goals right now for Man Utd and playing well overall, he should be considered to be in the starting 11 at the World cup

Why is it questionable? aside from his proven goal scoring record at every level from the Premiership to Champions League to UEFA Cup to La Liga to Internatinal level, he is still banging in goals right now for Man Utd and playing well overall, he should be considered to be in the starting 11 at the World cup
Because He's not playing on a regular basis, and in Capello's own words "he'll only play players who are playing for their clubs" i'd personally have him in the squad, definitly not first 11 though

He will go end of.Lol @ Owen.
Look at Owen's goal scoring record @ Club & International level, it's flawless second highest goal scorer of all time for England and at every Club he been he has almost scored a ratio of 1 goal every 2 games
Then you look at when was the last time Owen had a good season."Flawless" or not he won't go, he isn't cut up to the job and doesn't fit into this formation Fabio uses.

Thing about Heskey is, Rooney apparently works best with him, and you want a player who will bring the best out of one of our stars. LOL @ Owen though. Rooney Defoe Crouch Then one of Heskey/Cole/Bent/Zamora and that gang/Also, is Arteta eligible for England yet?

No to Heskey, No to Owen.

Heskey is a waste of time, Carlton Cole can do wot Heskey does but better(If hes fit).

Owen seems to have lost his cutting edge for me (Apart from da Hatrick against wolfsburg)he misses too many sitters for United. At his peak I woulda put mine and my mums mortgage on him scoring when he had the ball n e where near the oppos goal but now....its a different story for me....The game when Capello went to watch him at Old Trafford for the first time he missed a few decent chances, a questionable choice to say the least. Rooney + Defoe/Crouch

Rooney

Defoe

Crouch

Cole

Zamora

Bent

Wally as a back up/Winger

IF HE'S GOING TO THE WORLD-CUP SO AM I

IF HE'S GOING TO THE WORLD CUP SO AM I

IF HE'S GOING TO THE WORLD CUP

GOING TO THE WORLD CUP

GOING TO THE WORLD CUP

SO AM I

Are You implying that if heskey goes You're more likely to want to go see it?

or that if heskey deserves to be in the team then so do You?

Everyone knows why Emile is in contention to play.

You pick the best players for the team, not the team full of best players, the two do not always coincide with eachother. And in Capellos system, Heksey & Rooney do well.

When Heskey plays Rooney seemingly enjoys his role more and plays better, because Heskey is an experienced target man who holds the ball up and allows Rooney to play.

Neither Rooney or Defoe are of any type of imposing stature and Capello is loathe to go with two 'small' strikers in major games.

Carlton Cole is good, he has pace, power (improving) reading of the game and is a handfull for any defender, AND is a threat on goal

Also, the times he has played for England he has done well.

If he played in a better team he would look a lot better than he currently does. People slate him but you have to remember he plays for a team in which the owners have only a fiver between em and the manager has to deal with 10 thousand injuries.

Personally I would probably play Defoe - or at least give him & Rooney a few more consecutive games together in friendlies.

Also, Crouch is unduly slated.