Leaving a house without notice

BLACK VICTIM

Depends on how on point your landlord is and if you have any letters being directed there from comapnies that you deal with at your permanent addy to my knowledge.

If you didn't sign a contract it will be difficult for them to get anything out of you because your legal obligation isn't in writing. Have had two friends do what you're looking to do still. Landlord never got any money out of them. Another friend all of a sudden was being asked to leave by the landlord, but found out that landlords have to give you 28 days from the day a written letter telling you that you will be evicted for you to leave. Otherwise you can jam as long as you want.

I reckon if you have bank statements going there redirected from your old yard than they may be able to but I have no real idea. More of a theory.

You probably will lose your deposit in any case.

NB: Remember, none of this is confirmed, but instead my theories through my dealings with landlords and my friend's experiences.

PS: Was also going to say ask Marlon for monre info.

Depends on how on point your landlord is and if you have any letters being directed there from comapnies that you deal with at your permanent addy to my knowledge.

If you didn't sign a contract it will be difficult for them to get anything out of you because your legal obligation isn't in writing. Have had two friends do what you're looking to do still. Landlord never got any money out of them. Another friend all of a sudden was being asked to leave by the landlord, but found out that landlords have to give you 28 days from the day a written letter telling you that you will be evicted for you to leave. Otherwise you can jam as long as you want.

I reckon if you have bank statements going there redirected from your old yard than they may be able to but I have no real idea. More of a theory.

You probably will lose your deposit in any case.

NB: Remember, none of this is confirmed, but instead my theories through my dealings with landlords and my friend's experiences.

PS: Was also going to say ask Marlon for monre info.

I have no statements or letters going to that house

Was it a Joint Tenancy Agreement?

Were there others living with you?

How did you pay the rent?

What does the contract say is the minimum notice period?

Are you sure the only information the landlord has is a mobile number that doesn't work? You couldn't have signed a valid tenancy agreement if that's the case.

Basically as much information as possible because there's a whole load of answers for different questions.

Like what? I think i signed a tenancy agreement but it dont have any of my personal info accept my mobile number which i told the landlord dont work anymore

it depends ....wherever you move to if you go on the electoral register they might be able to find you by a credit reference company doing a search........you have to make sure that whatever you apply for when you move i.e credit cards , phone bill, gas electric etc... you cant leave your old address as a previous address, if you do then experian will merge your credit file and you will be easily traceable.........that mobile phone you have, if you change the address to wherever you are moving to you will be f*cked...

If the following is true you can just bounce:

- She doesn't have anything apart from a mobile number

- You signed a joint tenancy agreement (in which case they'll chase up the other tenants for your contribution if they cant find you)

- You didn't sign a valid tenancy agreement (which appears likely)

- None of the other tenants will rat you out or know where you live to her when she inevitably asks them

There are 5 others in the house, 2 have already paid the rent for the year, 2 have hardly paid anything 1 is half and half. I paid deposit by cash.

I'm sure I made a point of not giving her any info/longing her off for the garuantor, she only texts my phone

when you move dont put that phone in your new address..that and if you went on the electoral register is probably the only way you could be traced

I will just be moving back to parents yard, nobody in that house has my address. I figure worst case scenario they take me to court and i lose, have to pay the rent i owe plus what 80 charge plus nominal interest, I may aswell do this.

to do that first they will have to trace where you are living and then go to county court to sue you for the money....the whole process would take about 3 months......unless the amount you owe is quite a bit most landlords wont bother

didnt she run a credit check on you before you moved in? if u randomly leave she can f*ck UP your credit history.

in my current flat we all had to have guarantors (mine is my mum) so if i left they could chase her for payment

finally, since u live with 4 other people, the rent for the month will still be the same, so the people u left will have to pick up the bill

2 grand my friend owes she text him saying she will start chargin interest and court action today, but she has to find his permanent address to do this?

disclaimer; this thread is about my friend and he no relation to me

she can probably use the address where he's meant to be staying

i'm not sure though

2 grand my friend owes she text him saying she will start chargin interest and court action today, but she has to find his permanent address to do this?

disclaimer; this thread is about my friend and he no relation to me

if she can trace his address where he is living then she can take him to court....she wont get awarded interset tho but she can get the court costs added which probably wont be up to £1oo

Nah she blagged us in the beginning told us she would buy new furniture, appliances and all sorts but hasn't done sh*t for us, I will only be ducking out if something comes up meaning i cant live there no more which ill find out this week. She owns quite a few houses in the area she rents out to students so I feel no way bumping her for the overpriced rent she not gonna lose a mortgage over it.