Ricky Hatton to make ring return in 2010

Mr. Gayle

Manchester's former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton has confirmed he will return to the ring in 2010."I'm going to have one more fight, maybe two - it depends on the first fight," said Hatton."No opponent has been confirmed... there's been no date confirmed. But... I am going to have one more fight."In his last fight last May, the 31-year-old Hatton was knocked out in the second round in Las Vegas by Filipino great Manny Pacquiao.Mexican three-weight world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, the current WBA lightweight champion, has been mentioned as a possible foe, as has IBF light-welterweight champion Juan Urango, who Hatton outpointed in 2007. BEN DIRS BLOGThe only shame will be to see him back in the ring, with nothing left to prove, except perhaps to himselfHatton's only other defeat in a 47-fight career was to Floyd Mayweather Jr in 2007, but the severity of his defeat by Pacquiao led many to urge him to retire.But Hatton never officially hung up his gloves, and it was announced last November that negotiations had already begun between his camp and Golden Boy Promotions, who handle the 36-year-old Marquez."If Ricky does carry on it would be an ideal fight for him to take on Marquez," said Gareth Williams, Hatton's lawyer and promotional partner.
More....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8405534.stm

Kahn represents Great Britain well, havin said that hes still gonna get knocked out again.Hattons personality is needed in British boxing but not his ring presence, hes past it.hes about 60 stone, just saw him on SSN was lmao at his round face!
csonly british boxer of recent times respected by yanks/rest of world is calzaghe

Kahn represents Great Britain well, havin said that hes still gonna get knocked out again.Hattons personality is needed in British boxing but not his ring presence, hes past it.hes about 60 stone, just saw him on SSN was lmao at his round face!
csonly british boxer of recent times respected by yanks/rest of world is calzaghe
Most Americans call him a slapper@Angelo I resent khan cos he is a boring c*nt wit a dead personalityfact he is Asian has nuffin 2 do wit it

@Angelo I resent khan cos he is a boring c*nt wit a dead personalityfact he is Asian has nuffin 2 do wit it
I find that hard to believe.
not about that smarmy gandhi khan stealing all the limelight
Khan is a humble guy who goes about his business without making much fuss but like Angelo said I know loads of people who hate him and their doesn't seem to be any justification for it.

Marquez fight would be good viewing.I think it's a bit difficult to gauge whether Hatton is past it considering who his defeats have come against, he looked really good against Malignaggi.
This is who i can see him fighting again, Paulie even said he'd be interested in it after his Diaz fight and i can see him winning this time.

Most Americans call him a slapper@Angelo I resent khan cos he is a boring c*nt wit a dead personalityfact he is Asian has nuffin 2 do wit it
i'm in america

Marquez fight would be good viewing.I think it's a bit difficult to gauge whether Hatton is past it considering who his defeats have come against, he looked really good against Malignaggi.
This is who i can see him fighting again, Paulie even said he'd be interested in it after his Diaz fight and i can see him winning this time.
Malignaggi would love this fight it would be a life changer for him and a chance to avenge a career changing loss

should fight witter jah know.
That's a gd shout bruvwud b a nice come back 4 hatton, cos witter has always sed he wud beat himso it wud confirm his position as best domestic fighterthen hatton cud b the light/welterweight gatekeeper 4 Britain Then go on 2 fight amir, which wud really b khans make or break fight and possibly silence his criticsI wud make a bangin promoter TBH