My Winter away

kahuna

well i applyed at loads of places mainly bars and hotels, but i have had friends do seasons before so they told me where to apply to. did all of this over the summer and had a couple interviews in september.

got the job working in a bar in val d'isere which is full of english people so speaking french is not much of an issue. what someone said about there being hardly any black people is true, its a very different scene can be hard to adjust to. some of the people out here are on a different planet. some of the quotes ive heard people come out with were just shocking, ie 'well if daddy is getting a new car ill be getting one too, we always buy are cars at the same time'

but val is a very expensive resort to stay and live in.

i couldnt hack some of the jobs some of the other workers have, the chalet staff get the worst deal, up at 6 to cook breakfast every morning and pretty much play bitch to theirs guests, although a girl i know got a 2000e tip of a group of russians who flew in by helicopter, and had 4 armed bodyguards. she only had to clean the place becuase they ate out every night and didnt want her around when they were in.

bar jobs are the best cus u get to meet so many people, chat up girls, get varied shifts to i can have days off and work at night, or work in the day and nights off.

oh yh the steak was korean style, at a swedish restraunt.

well i applyed at loads of places mainly bars and hotels, but i have had friends do seasons before so they told me where to apply to. did all of this over the summer and had a couple interviews in september.

got the job working in a bar in val d'isere which is full of english people so speaking french is not much of an issue. what someone said about there being hardly any black people is true, its a very different scene can be hard to adjust to. some of the people out here are on a different planet. some of the quotes ive heard people come out with were just shocking, ie 'well if daddy is getting a new car ill be getting one too, we always buy are cars at the same time'

but val is a very expensive resort to stay and live in.

i couldnt hack some of the jobs some of the other workers have, the chalet staff get the worst deal, up at 6 to cook breakfast every morning and pretty much play bitch to theirs guests, although a girl i know got a 2000e tip of a group of russians who flew in by helicopter, and had 4 armed bodyguards. she only had to clean the place becuase they ate out every night and didnt want her around when they were in.

bar jobs are the best cus u get to meet so many people, chat up girls, get varied shifts to i can have days off and work at night, or work in the day and nights off.

oh yh the steak was korean style, at a swedish restraunt.

sick man!

i remember you talkin about this - glad its worked out. looks like a lot of fun.

I wanna do something like this after i graduate. cant bare the thought of settling into a 9-5 without doing a madness first.

Lucky for me i get my last loan installment a week before my last ever exam. So might just end up drunk in Vegas/some other holiday destination with a batch of people from my course drinking it.