'I look like Leona Lewis - and it's ruining me'

Hank Moody

article1243619079b7f860.jpgarticle124361907df5c880.jpg

article1243619079b187a0.jpg

REALLY? i meanreally who told her that stevie wonder?!?!?!

"When Leona Lewis won the X Factor, it meant that life would never be the same again. Not just for her, but for Sasha Gordon too.

Sasha, who bears a remarkable resemblance to the chart-topping star, finds herself mobbed and pestered for autographs whenever she goes out in public.

She has split up from her boyfriend of five years and says she is finding it impossible to get a job because employers think her looks would be a distraction. In desperation, the 22-year-old former assistant shop manager has even considered plastic surgery to become

less of a lookalike. 'My family are all heartbroken about the way my life has turned out,' she said. 2006. Since then she has topped the singles and album charts on both sides of the Atlantic, and made millions.

Meanwhile in Penge, south-east London, Sasha has been paying the price of her fame.

'The first problem came with my boyfriend,' she said.

'At the beginning he thought the fact I looked like Leona was fun. However, he soon got fed up of me being pestered by autograph hunters when we went out. It caused so many rows that we split up.'

Sasha eventually decided to make her looks work for her and become a model, but says all the agencies she approached turned her down because she looks too much like Leona.

She then joined a lookalike agency but found work in short supply because, she believes, that 'although Leona is a fantastic singer, she isn't really known for her sparkling personality'.

Sasha added: 'I've been looking for a permanent job ever since. I must have applied for 50 in the past six months.

'But every time I go for an interview people comment on how much I look like Leona. You can see them thinking that taking me on might be too much of a distraction.

'It's soul-destroying because I can't get a normal job or a celebrity one. And I experience all the bad parts of being a celebrity such as being mobbed when I go out - and none of the good things, such as earning the millions Leona does.

'In my darkest hours I have even thought fleetingly of having cosmetic surgery to change my face. But then this is still my face, the one I was born with, and why should I change it?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1243619/I-look-like-Leona-Lewis--ruined-life.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo#ixzz0ckn4GkyM