Jay Z on Eminem wearing a bullet proof vest

Teflon N West

Rap mogul Jay-Z recently discussed discovering that Eminem had resorted to wearing a bulletproof vest to protect himself at the height of his fame.

Referring to his 2003 studio session with Em, Jay said he saw the rapper in a different light after realizing the safety precautions he was taking at the time.

"Rap, for me, is like making movies, telling stories and getting the emotions of the song through in just as deep a way," he explained in the new issue of Interview Magazine. "I never even told him this, but I remember that Eminem came into the studio when we made 'Moment of Clarity,' which he produced, on The Black Album. So here's Eminem. It's 2003, I think The Eminem Show had come out, and he was, like, the biggest rapper in the world -- he sold, like, 20 million records worldwide or some ridiculous number. But when he came to the studio, I remember I hugged him and I could feel that he had on a bulletproof vest. I couldn't imagine being that successful. I mean, he's a guy who loves rap and wanted to be successful his whole career. Then he finally gets it, and there's this dark cloud over him." (Interview Magazine)

According to a Nielsen Soundscan report, Eminem has dominated album sales for the past decade despite only releasing three solo albums.

Em sold more than 32.2 million albums in the 2000s, edging out the Beatles to claim the title of top-selling artist. The Beatles ended up with the decade's best-selling album (they sold nearly 11.5 million copies of 2000's greatest-hits comp 1,) besting the likes of 'NSYNC's No Strings Attached (11.1 million copies sold) and ' Norah JonesCome Away With Me, (10.5 million). Eminem was the only artist to place two albums on the list; his The Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show records landed at #4 and 5, selling 10.2 million and 9.8 million copies, respectively. Interestingly, of the top 10 albums of the decade, the most recently released is Usher's Confessions, which came out in 2004. (MTV)

Reports last fall showed Em out-selling rappers Jay-Z and Nelly.

1. Eminem, 31,127,000. First charted: 1999. Eminem, 36, is the top male artist and the top rap artist so far in this decade. His 2000 album The Marshall Mathers LP is his best-seller. It has sold 10,178,000 copies. 7. Nelly, 21,206,000. First charted: 2000. Nelly, 34, is the #1 new artist to emerge in this decade, edging out Linkin Park. He's also the #1 African American artist, edging out Jay-Z, and the #2 rap artist. Nelly's 2000 debut, Country Grammar, is his best-selling album. It has sold 8,454,000 copies. 10. Jay-Z, 19,379,000. First charted: 1996. Jay-Z, 39, is the #3 rap artist of the decade. 2003's The Black Album is his best-selling album of this decade. It has sold 3,338,000 copies. Jay-Z was the #152 album-selling act of the '90s. (Yahoo News)

Last landing in Top 50 in early October, Em's Relapse album has sold over a million copies to date.

Grammy-winning rapper Eminem's Relapse is still making noise on the charts as it moves down five slots to even things out at No. 50 with 12,100. Headed into his 21st week, the rapper's comeback album has moved 1,461,500 records to date.

eminem is realer than jigga ever was

jigga stay failin since black album

jay has evolved to be a great consistent rapper , em fall of, his always trying to shock pple with his content

bp3>>>>>>>>>>>>>relapse, bp3 solid album, relapse good flow and delivery but the content :blink::/

kingdom come was average 6/10

american gangstar was good 8/10

bp3 was good 8/10

i doubt he will ever top black album but he has provided us with good devise albums that show how mature and experimental he is as an artist

we will see if em can redeem himself with relapse 2, but i doubt it

kingdom come was average 5/10

american gangstar was average 6/10

bp3 was terrible 3/10

i doubt he will ever top black album but he has provided us with good devise albums that show how mature and experimental he is as an artist

we will see if em can redeem himself with relapse 2, but i doubt it

fixed

eminem is realer than jigga ever was

jigga stay failin since black album

jay has evolved to be a great consistent rapper , em fall of, his always trying to shock pple with his content

bp3>>>>>>>>>>>>>relapse, bp3 solid album, relapse good flow and delivery but the content :blink::/

The content on relapse was good in my opinion, it was that cassic em people wanted, but the delivery let it down.