Ban for Burka ?

O.Man

Sarkozy is really pushing for the ban, and wants it nationwide within France. He says that the Burka imprisons women. These views were echoed within the last question time, where the panelists were all agreeing with the same sentiment.

I feel that it's stupid to say ''we want to free imprisoned women by banning a form of clothing.'' It's two opposite actions, and that's if you agree with the view that it imprisons women. I think i would be offended if i chose to wear one because it's something i believe, and to be told i'm a prisoner of my own stupidity.

As for the burka, i feel that it is part of a culture, and if the people of any culture are peaceful and humane, then what is the problem?

We should learn from one another, not ban clothing. It's like taking a leap back to take a step forward.

article-1229760-074B1535000005DC-764_468x286.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tulse Hill

when u look back through the history books of england, shakespear, king george, battle of hastings, fire of london there were no people in burkas, so why should it be apart of history now?

I would welcome it in this country, I really do feel that wearing it is anti social

I can't understand this. You are choosing to perceive it as anti-social. In my class at Uni the girls wearing burkas aren't any less social. I can't imagine a woman going out for some shopping being any less social because she's wearing a burka. I feel that when you see a burka you associate it with anti social attitude, but i don't think this is the case, you are being influenced by external factors.

/

Drug induced psychosis @ tulse

I would welcome it in this country, I really do feel that wearing it is anti social

I can't understand this. You are choosing to perceive it as anti-social. In my class at Uni the girls wearing burkas aren't any less social. I can't imagine a woman going out for some shopping being any less social because she's wearing a burka. I feel that when you see a burka you associate it with anti social attitude, but i don't think this is the case.

I disagree to a point.

A lot of communication is not through words but body language and facial expressions.

Not being able to read someones face definately restricts the communication. I wouldnt say an all out ban but for example the primary school teacher shouldnt have her face fully covered. Children need to read your face to understand you fully.

Guest Tulse Hill

I can't understand this. You are choosing to perceive it as anti-social. In my class at Uni the girls wearing burkas aren't any less social. I can't imagine a woman going out for some shopping being any less social because she's wearing a burka. I feel that when you see a burka you associate it with anti social attitude, but i don't think this is the case, you are being influenced by external factors.

/

Drug induced psychosis @ tulse

do u not think that if the burka was brought down in class like it became a thing for chavs to wear like basebal caps n burberry then less muslims would wear them?

when i see a woman in a burka not gunna lie im kinda freaked out and shitmyself, i aint used to growing up in a multi cultural society dont know if ill ever a dap t but i'll respect their human rights still

Guest TimeBomb

when u look back through the history books of england, shakespear, king george, battle of hastings, fire of london there were no people in burkas, so why should it be apart of history now?

not true, there is a history of women covering their hair (and body) through history in britain, and the veil worn by christian brides is a tradition that comes from when men were not allowed to see their wife until the night of the marriage.

Christian nuns have always covered their hair.

In some european countries you will still older women covering themselves.

i dont think that its a problem tbh

its their choice, if they are being opressed its really for them to stand up an say that, or to sort it out within their own communities

is the burka jus the one where u can only see the eyes? or is the same as the hijab?

either way im not bothered if people wanna wear it, what about all the other people who wear headscarfs, will they be banned too?

Guest TimeBomb

i dont think that its a problem tbh

its their choice, if they are being opressed its really for them to stand up an say that, or to sort it out within their own communities

is the burka jus the one where u can only see the eyes? or is the same as the hijab?

either way im not bothered if people wanna wear it, what about all the other people who wear headscarfs, will they be banned too?

im not too sure what they define as burka cos as far as i know its only afghans and pakistanis who wear it. Hijab covers the hair and neck, niqaab is the veil which covers the lower part of the face.

not true, there is a history of women covering their hair (and body) through history in britain, and the veil worn by christian brides is a tradition that comes from when men were not allowed to see their wife until the night of the marriage.

Christian nuns have always covered their hair.

In some european countries you will still older women covering themselves.

Ur argument is pointless,

Tulse is an idiot, he's basicaly saying new cultures shouldnt be a part of the countrys history

like say the romans didnt clean up this shithole

i dunno about banning but i do have a problem with anything that covers a face to the point where you cant be identified

this

its a difficult subject because it is part of a culture, but at the same time people are banned from wearing hats and hoodies, you cant really have one rule for one and not for another

people arent banned from wearing hats and hoodies tho are they

in the shops u gta take it down, is it the law? i dont think so

on the road u can still wear ur hat an ur hood

the problem is perception, the reason why theres a problem with hoodies and balaclavas is because criminals have used them to obscure their identities

apart from that robbery that time, when have the burkas been associated with crime?

if u wanna start talkin about that

but the reason why this guy wants to ban the burkas, the reason hes givin has nothing to do with hoodies does it

@ jas1992 your mentality is ''if i'm not eating nobody is''?

@ Skola, if a muslim woman is going to be a teacher, i think she already would decide that she would want to show her face. A woman who dresses in the full gown i presume is devoutly religious OR forced into wearing like you mentioned.

If she is wearing it through choice, then it is her life too choose that she will not reveal her face in public. This is a life choice and will of course effect her social life when she steps outside. But just like a catholic priest chooses a life of celibacy, this is a choice he makes because he wants to make a religious commitment. I don't feel sorry for the priest because he will never be able to bang a girl out, i respect his decision and want to learn from his experience. I don't want to ban his right to make a religious commitment because i feel his choice of celibacy will effect his sexual life. I could feel that we are still animals and denying animal urges could be deemed psychologically unhealthy (Murphy Report). But it would be overstepping the line to say a human cannot make this religious commitment because it would be taking away a right to live their life how they choose.

If she is forced into wearing it, then banning it for people who want to make a commitment is not the answer.

And it confuses me, people complain about not being able to wear hoodies, but then complain at others in a similar situation who haven't been banned?

That's just bitch snitching. If you want to solve your problem you should take your argument to the person that banned your right, not give them a reason to further increase the ban.

just read my post back to myself and i didnt explain that properly at all

what i meant is people are banned from wearing hats and hoodies in shops n stuff, not just in general

well thats the case round here anyway

i dont have a problem with it really, but i dont think you can just ban an item of clothing from being worn in certain places because a few little shits have given it a bad name, just the same as you cant assume everyone who wears a burkha is a terrorist

Guest Esquilax

Don't have a problem with burkhas, but if you're going to be in a position like a teacher of children or receptionist of whatever, then the employers should reserve the right to say you can't work here if you're gonna wear that, without fearing legal action.