Will we get a knee-jerk signing now?

Badman

its a clear warning. the lack of a striker is gonna be exposed vs man u, chelski, liverpool, and maybe as soon as villa awaywenger has f*cked up by not signing a striker in my viewi'd also like to see eastmond play dm ahead of denilson craig done ok today and denilson is beyond awfuleduardo can barely run.vela is not ready.you should know my feelings on theo "vis man" walcott

I don't think the FA Cup is our most realistic chance of silverware, without sacrificing the league or champions league very early in the season, we ain't got the squad to compete in 3 competitions and this is always the one that will suffer 1st. Sure if we had a few easy draws we'd go on and win it, but the draw wasn't kind enough this year. If we had won we would of had City away next, meaning another big game for a paper thin squad.On a positive note even though we deserved to go out, I thought Campbell looked good, could be a very good bit of business. Eastmond looks to be growing in confidence each game, but we all know Denilson will play that role and will inevitably cost us games til Song returns. Thought JET looked ok considering it was his debut and wally and vela offered nothing really off of him. It was not an easy game for anyone to get involved in, i think only Chels and Man Utd have won there this season.

What striker was we gonna get tho?Here is to hoping tomorrow Egypt can knock Cameroon out but not terrorize Song like they did Toure two years ago.
do i look like a scout?and even though im not a scout theres plenty of talent available.matter fact we dont even need talent. just a focal point would do. short term loan. wenger turned his nose up at it u know this i know this. please stop fending

will we sign anyone?we blatently need to, would love to be proved wrong but i doubt we will sign anyone, or anyone who will help us win the leaguewenger, and the people who run the club seem not to really care about the fa cupwe signed arshavin last jan when we was 12 points off villa in the leaguethey new if we didnt get the CL 4th spot it would cost us alot of moneyas were top of the leagueeverythin is fine in there eyes nd wengers policy is justified

What striker was we gonna get tho?Here is to hoping tomorrow Egypt can knock Cameroon out but not terrorize Song like they did Toure two years ago.
do i look like a scout?and even though im not a scout theres plenty of talent available.matter fact we dont even need talent. just a focal point would do. short term loan. wenger turned his nose up at it u know this i know this. please stop fending
What strikers have moved or even been talked about realistically moving?Loan like whom? Thats Arsenal quality now, key word being now.

Guest Tulse Hill

its ok cos wenger can allways fall back on the inexpierance scapegoat, he'll do it untill the day he leaves - keeps the board n fans sweet i guess.realests like me and tf, know that we need players

Wenger defends selection policyArsene Wenger admitted Arsenal's tough upcoming league fixture list was key to his decision to select an inexperienced side against Stoke in the FA Cup.Manager Wenger started with only two first-team regulars in Cesc Fabregas and Denilson as Arsenal lost 3-1."I don't regret the side I put out," said Wenger. "We had 10 injuries and a very difficult programme coming up."That league schedule sees Arsenal face Aston Villa, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool during a 14-day spell.Arsenal, who last won the Premier League in 2004, have surged back into the title race by winning eight times in an unbeaten 10-game spell following a 3-0 home defeat by Chelsea."We have four very important games now in a short space of time, that is what we are focusing on," added Wenger."Our selection was simple - take a look at our schedule and you must see we cannot play the same 11 every time. That is for sure."But if you do not win in such situations, it is my fault. I can only stand by the team I selected in the circumstances, we lost but there was not much room for manoeuvre in terms of players available." For Arsene to say we were dangerous is a compliment. That's enough for meStoke manager Tony PulisRicardo Fuller's header gave Stoke an early lead, before Denilson equalised for Arsenal just before the interval.But a second Fuller header and a slick Dean Whitehead finish gave Stoke a deserved win to put them into the fifth round."The game was more physical than technical, and physically they were stronger than us in a very simple game," said Wenger."We were exposed to a fight, and some of our players were a bit young and could not cope with it."It is too easy to say that there were players that didn't play who could have won us the game."When Eduardo, Andrey Arshavin and Aaron Ramsey came on it was 1-1."Stoke manager Tony Pulis revealed he had been thinking of taking Fuller off before he scored his second goal. 606: DEBATEThis was a massive defeat for Arsenal and in my opinion was our best chance of silverwareGarwoodGunner"He may have seen what I was going to do and he made sure he stayed on with that goal," said Pulis."He was outstanding, as was Mamady Sidibe who put in a tremendous amount of work that people do not always see."For Arsene to say we were dangerous is a compliment. That's enough for me."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8477774.stmSo that proves it....he thinks hes got a chance to win the leagueDeluded Frenchman or big optimist?

Arsène Wenger has not bought a new player this month because - so far - he hasn't found anyone who could strengthen his squad. The Arsenal manager admitted last month that he would be in the market for a new striker in January following long-term injuries to Robin Van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner. However, Bendtner is on the cusp of a comeback and, even in his absence, Arsenal have been scoring goals at a faster rate than any other team in the Premier League. Wenger has not ruled out a late swoop in the transfer window but he has certain criteria which must be met before he opens his cheque book. "If I don't find better than what we have [then I will not buy]," said the Frenchman. "At the moment we have not found that."You can take players, they're on the market but it's a different thing to find good players that will, let's say, strengthen our squad. "Also, we didn't know for a while if Bendtner would come back and when. "It is commonly perceived [that we need a new striker] but we have the best goalscoring record. "It's strange because I go to press conferences where you [reporters] ask me 'you let too many goals in'. Meanwhile we have the best attack and people ask me ‘why don't you buy strikers?'"