Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Queen Bee

Shipping duties, taxes and levies

24 posts in this topic

ok ive never ordered anything from overseas before, and i know how much the shipping fees are, but then theres all the other charges

is it the same whatever the item is, or how much the item costs or does it depend on other things

i am baffled by the whole thing, can someone explain it to me please in simpleton terms

i dont wanna get stitched up and end up paying 50 quid just to get something sent overseas

I think the general rule is.

if ure ordering from outside the EU then say its a present and you dont have to pay import tax.

i may be mistaken

Most companies state gift, ordered Karmaloop and didnt have to pay charges

oh nice one, so that could mean i dont have to pay anything other than the shipping?

Shuldnt have to, check with the website, back in the day companies would send some of charge document AFTER you had the item, dont hear that happening these days

thats what i was worried about, i dont want to get a massive bill a few weeks after its arrived. ill have to send them an email or something coz it doesnt have proper details on the website just says depends on ur country

thanks guys

Shuldnt have to, check with the website, back in the day companies would send some of charge document AFTER you had the item, dont hear that happening these days

Happened to me the only 2 times Ive ordered off Karmaloop. Ignored both times & havent heard anything

Tax man fluffed it

thats what i was worried about, i dont want to get a massive bill a few weeks after its arrived. ill have to send them an email or something coz it doesnt have proper details on the website just says depends on ur country

thanks guys

Also depends on shipping company. DHL will more than likely want their change for her her majesty's plesure.

Whilst other companies like EMS of which I used a week back from some goods from Charlie Wong passed through. Even though customs held it for 3 days.

do u get to choose what company sends it or is it up to the website

It's up to the company unless they give you several options for international shipping.

If it's declared over the value of £18.00 you'll be hit with charges. It's usually VAT + the shipping companies handling fee. Royal Mail I think is £8.00. Then you have Parcelforce who slap a £13.50 handling charge on top of the VAT. USPS and EMS usually get picked up by Royal Mail. If it's an express shipping option (2-3 days) Parcelforce usually handle it. Fedex and UPS pay the customs charge for you. UPS will request the payment when delivering your package. Fedex will send you a letter a month later.

is it just the item alone that has to be less than 18pounds to avoid charges or does that include the shipping fees? coz the item i want is only 14.70

sorry you have probably already explained that but when it comes to things like this it takes a lot of explaining

Just the item. There should be no issue with £14.

ah thats good then, thanks for the help!

lol@ this simpleton just taking everyones word for it shes so gullible.

Find out yourself!

i dont wanna get stitched up and end up paying 50 quid just to get something sent overseas

Stitching up you know. Youre the one tryna avoid paying the costs. Whos doing the stitching up you or them?

i ordered from karmaloop and i had to pay shipping as usual.. and then a few days later i get a bill from dhl demanding more money.. pisstake. that was a couple years ago, haven't ordered since..

i ordered from karmaloop and i had to pay shipping as usual.. and then a few days later i get a bill from dhl demanding more money.. pisstake. that was a couple years ago, haven't ordered since..

karmaloop lol

dont they sell clothes in UK?

Last few orders have been making recently via Ems. I told the sender to make sure its sent as gift and I haven't been charged..

different products have different prices/codes/rules...

generally speaking, you should be fine... but as someone said above, try order whatever you are ordering as a "GIFT". State gift or ask them to gift wrap...

This 'gift' angle still work my gs?

nah.

even an invoice with a fake price doesn't work, they open the package up, value it accordingly and charge customs. 

EU only!

Di lee wee

19 hours ago, Lens said:

nah.

even an invoice with a fake price doesn't work, they open the package up, value it accordingly and charge customs. 

EU only!

EU only for now. Might be worse after brexit