Football topic weekend

Admin.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel Almunia believes Arsenal are only a 'little step' away from reclaiming top spot in the Premier League table.The Gunners briefly moved to the summit last month, but are now in danger of falling away in the title race after losing 3-1 at home to Manchester United on Sunday.Arsenal travel to Chelsea this weekend and a further defeat would leave Arsene Wenger's side trailing the current leaders by nine points.But, having already been written off once as title contenders this season, Almunia feels Arsenal are still capable of finishing the campaign as champions.The 3-0 home mauling by Chelsea in late November preceded a 10-match unbeaten run and Spanish keeper Almunia believes the Gunners can embark on a similar sequence again.Great achievement"We are on schedule to do good things this season, we have only a little step to get back to the top of the league," said Almunia."When you think about where we were after the Chelsea game [in November], that is a great achievement."Sometimes it is better to come back from third or fourth to challenge than to be at the top all the time."

mate had a bet on defoe at 2-1he phones me up laughing how hes in the money..then defoe got another in the 94th min, pissed.
I walked past Paddypower and was gonna lay £20 on the same bet. I was so pissed at stoppage time when it was 2-1.Lucky Defoe scored again to allay my soul.Your bredrin is pissed though!

Inter Boss Jose Mourinho Reprimands Mario BalotelliThe tactician has reminded ‘Super Mario’ that it’s his way or the highway…Inter coach Jose Mourinho has explained the reason behind his decision to replace teenage striker Mario Balotelli during yesterday’s 1-0 win over Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia semi-final first leg.The Italy under-21 star was taken off midway through the second half and vented his anger at the Portuguese before walking straight down the San Siro tunnel.“He made a mistake,” roared the ‘Special One’ on Rai TV. “He didn’t run back for a corner-kick. When he acts like that, he gets on my nerves.“He is not doing what I ask of him. In my tactics, players must always defend, even though they have a problem or got injured or even lost their contact lens.“They must defend first and then focus on other issues.”Brazilian winger Amantino Mancini completed a loan switch from Inter to Milan on transfer deadline day and said he had wasted six months of his career after Mourinho refused to let him leave in the summer.But the ex-Chelsea manager was in no mood to take the bait, and simply commented: “I’m very very happy that he joined Milan…”
lool this guy would be a killer on VIP2...THAT is how u give players a kick up their arse