Italy to ban the Burqa!

Steven

Burqas will be banned in Italy under laws proposed by the government yesterday.

Legislation to stop Muslim women wearing the hood and other full-face veils such as the niqab will be introduced, equal opportunities minister Mara Carfagna said.

France is already considering outlawing burqas and Miss Carfagna believes other European countries will follow suit.

She said: 'This is about a sacrosanct battle to defend the dignity and rights of immigrant women.

'A law is being studied that would ban the use of a burqa and niqab, which are not religious symbols - that's not us saying it, but the top religious authorities of the Islamic world, like the imams of Cairo and Paris.

'I completely agree with the French initiative, which I think will push other European countries and hence, also Italy, to enact laws on this issue.'

Critics see the burqa as a symbol of the subjugation of women. A poll this week found 71 per cent of Italians are in favour of a ban.

Italian Muslim groups say they advise women against wearing face veils but that a ban would be an attack on personal freedom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1247224/Italy-follows-France-bid-ban-burqa.html#ixzz0e5Nhpo6F

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Triple XXX

So their going to be giving woman this so called freedom and liberation by making it illegal and therefor forcing them not to wear the Burqa. Even if they actually want to????

what i was thinkin

This is definately a step in the wrong direction.

Ok maybe for professional / security reasons there may be certain places where its deemed inappropriate to have your whole face and eyes covered...but banning a item of clothing is not something we should support.

Human rights!?!?

Big brother state?!?!

Its a sensitive issue but the solution being to ban an item of clothing goes against all we supposedly stand for as western developed democratic nations.

Guest Tulse Hill

need to purge itself from the homosexual roman catholic doctrine its submerged in first and foremost

smh.....I am not even gonna take you seriously in any discussion from now

init, she talks absolute gash at times

Just like to know if anyone knows someone who truly wears one of these out of her own personal choice?

Arguing it's paradoxical because it limits freedom is sort of like arguing that banning forced arranged marriages is an attack on freedom.

People dont know what the f*ck they want in this country.

Just like to know if anyone knows someone who truly wears one of these out of her own personal choice?

most people in europe prob wearin it out of choice

the burkha is not a must in islam women have only got to cover there hair (common thing u see is the hijab), and flesh/dress modestly

nobody said u have to wear the burkha, its not even mentioned in the quran as far as im aware

only in saudi and few other arab countries there custom/culture has made it so that all women have to wear it

This is the woman who's behind this (Mara Carfagna):

(kinda NSFW)

mara-carfagna.jpg

:Y:

LOL @ Negging me for posting a naked woman.

Venom? Is that you?

i have never ever, ever even attempted to neg or pos u. keep my name away from your fantasies of thriving on watching your back

emotional faggot

the 1st time i heard the word gaydar was from 001. another emo fag with melanine

he seems to have found treatment for his issues. why dont u pm him and find out how he did it

looking for a fag? go to your bathroom and look in the mirror. thats your fag.

simple but true i know. ur welcome