Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jr. still on

Numero001

Yes, you read correctly

American boxing greats Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr are to have a rematch - 17 years after their first bout.The non-title fight, at an as yet unspecified weight, will take place in Las Vegas on 3 April. "A rematch has been in the back of my mind for a long time and it's finally going to happen," said Hopkins, 45, who lost to Jones when they met in 1993. Jones, 41, has lost five of his last 10 bouts, including a first-round knock-out by Danny Green in December. Despite the defeat by Australian Green, which left a rematch with Hopkins in doubt, Jones is confident of repeating the 1993 victory over his rival, which gave him the vacant IBF middleweight title."Now I can finally terminate the Executioner once and for all," said Jones, who has held world titles in four divisions from middleweight to heavyweight. Former world middleweight and light-heavyweight champion Hopkins had set his sights on a heavyweight world title clash with Britain's David Haye after making a winning return to the ring in December. The veteran, whose career record reads 50 wins, 32 knockouts, five defeats and one draw, recorded a unanimous points decision against Enrique Ornelas in Philadelphia and following the fight claimed he would become heavyweight champion in 2010. Haye, meanwhile, faces a mandatory defence against former WBA champion John Ruiz in Manchester on 3 April and is more likely to line up a WBC title fight with champion Vitali Klitschko for later in 2010.
KMT Joke tingWho will watch?Who cares?If yes, to the above who wins?I'm with B-Hop. He's still to live for RJJ. I just hope Hopkins hate for RJJ doesn't mean he will go out to hurt him.

would been excited about this if it was 5 years ago
will be a hollow victory for Hopkinsi dont even wanna see him destroy RJJ anymore
Of course I will definitely watch this fight.I don't follow the popular opinion on this one.Its a great fight in my eyes.2 of the best to ever set foot in the canvas doing battle for the last time. This will not be a boxing match based on conditioning, speed or power. This one is won on ring generaliship, technique and cunning. Two of the ultimate masters in these fields are going head 2 head. This will be like a chess match between two grand masters. It will get gritty and all of the pent up aggression which has built up over a lifteime in this sport will be laid bare for all to see. Only one fight could be made that would ignite my interest more than this one, and that is Manny v Floyd, as that is not happening - THIS is the BIGGEST FIGHT OF THE YEAR, yeah I said it.

will be a hollow victory for Hopkinsi dont even wanna see him destroy RJJ anymore
Of course I will definitely watch this fight.I don't follow the popular opinion on this one.Its a great fight in my eyes.2 of the best to ever set foot in the canvas doing battle for the last time. This will not be a boxing match based on conditioning, speed or power. This one is won on ring generaliship, technique and cunning. Two of the ultimate masters in these fields are going head 2 head. This will be like a chess match between two grand masters. It will get gritty and all of the pent up aggression which has built up over a lifteime in this sport will be laid bare for all to see. Only one fight could be made that would ignite my interest more than this one, and that is Manny v Floyd, as that is not happening - THIS is the BIGGEST FIGHT OF THE YEAR, yeah I said it.
this is the biggest fight of the yaer?in the same year that shane mosley will fight floyd mayweaher, this is the fight of the year?

this is the biggest fight of the yaer?in the same year that shane mosley will fight floyd mayweaher, this is the fight of the year?
i didnt know that fight had been made yeti guess ur ahead of me on this oneif the contracts have beeen signed then i retract my statement, this is only number 2but im still more interested in watching this one than mosely mayweather although it will b a great fight

Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer was not a happy man yesterday. The top promoter admitted to ESPN.com that he is concerned the planned May 1st mega-fight between "Sugar" Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Junior may be in "trouble." The reason for the former Swiss banker's consternation is the fact that although WBA 147-pound king Mosley signed the fight contract last Friday, Mayweather has still not signed.This whole story may have become academic by the time you read this article and Mayweather may well have signed the contract either late Tuesday or early Wednesday, U.S time, but up until yesterday evening, Schaefer and his team were most worried..As has been reported on ESPN.com by Dan Rafael:"He [Mayweather Jnr.] still hasn't signed," said Schafer. "I am so frustrated. I don't know what Floyd is waiting for. I have no clue. I have a signed contract from Shane on my desk. I have nothing from Floyd."

Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer was not a happy man yesterday. The top promoter admitted to ESPN.com that he is concerned the planned May 1st mega-fight between "Sugar" Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Junior may be in "trouble." The reason for the former Swiss banker's consternation is the fact that although WBA 147-pound king Mosley signed the fight contract last Friday, Mayweather has still not signed.This whole story may have become academic by the time you read this article and Mayweather may well have signed the contract either late Tuesday or early Wednesday, U.S time, but up until yesterday evening, Schaefer and his team were most worried..As has been reported on ESPN.com by Dan Rafael:"He [Mayweather Jnr.] still hasn't signed," said Schafer. "I am so frustrated. I don't know what Floyd is waiting for. I have no clue. I have a signed contract from Shane on my desk. I have nothing from Floyd."
thought so

Are we surprised? I still think he'll fight him. I dont see him retaining much credibility if he doesnt. Dont get me wrong he'll still be one of the marquee names in the sport but his credibility as a real fighter who is willing to take a risk will be knocked.

• 1 month later...