Does settling for Mr Good Enough make sense?

Grafter

tbh i dn't think this applies to ambitious womenwomen that have high powered careers gravitate to men with high powered careers, becuz wat they both have to offer is mutually obvious /cuz told me straightan expensive suit and a good career and u become the guy that every girl is looking to get with, hoping that your the one they marrywotless girls with nonsensical expectations become yur best friend, but a smart man won't touch
If anything, doesn't it apply MORE to 'ambitious' women?Dating pool shrinks even moreso when you attain success as a woman. That seems to be the case with Black women, the way it' been portrayed in the media & I'm assuming it's similar in other races & cultures too, considering it's a major gender issue.Feminism & all that.Read some very interesting articles about it.

tbh i dn't think this applies to ambitious womenwomen that have high powered careers gravitate to men with high powered careers, becuz wat they both have to offer is mutually obvious /cuz told me straightan expensive suit and a good career and u become the guy that every girl is looking to get with, hoping that your the one they marrywotless girls with nonsensical expectations become yur best friend, but a smart man won't touch
If anything, doesn't it apply MORE to 'ambitious' women.Dating pool shrinks even moreso when you attain success as a woman. That seems to be the case with Black women, the way it' been portrayed in the media & I'm assuming it's similar in other races & cultures too, considering it's a major gender issue.Feminism & all that.Read some very interesting articles about it.
i was referring to the whole bull sh*t expectations thingi dn't think it's a problem they suffer from

i just think we are taught to want everything instead of appreciating what comes into our lives naturallywhen you die there is no mum, no brother, no husband, no 5 bedroom house buried with youso anything you obtain in life is just a temporary gift to make your time here a little more interesting

Ahh...Well, I still think having unrealistic expectations are problems for successful women. They may not be the SAME expectations as those of an 'average' woman, but still just unrealistic.For example, a pretty 28yr old, single mother of 2, working a regular admin' job may think she can still bag a city banker, good looks, own car, own house, no kids, no criminal background etc. That's unrealistic.On the flip side, a pretty 28yr old woman, no kids, runs her own company, independent, etc can actually GET the guy mentioned above. The unrealistic expectation on her part would be that she thinks her status is the reason he's with her & forgets that this man can get all kinds of women.My point is that alot of women believe that their income, occupation, status entitles them to a certain calibre of men, not understanding that the things that make women attractive, aren't the same things that make men attractive.If that makes sense.

My point is that alot of women believe that their income, occupation, status entitles them to a certain calibre of men, not understanding that the things that make women attractive, aren't the same things that make men attractive.
I know this thread is about woman, but don't men believe this too.

for the sake of clarityhigh powered career women at such an age (i imagin) are in a postion where they have no man, becuz most of their life they've put their career first, and now their window to actually have a conventional family is rapidly closing.This is not the same issue as previously discussedi dn't think they suffer from having un-even expectations, obviously a woman that is an investment banker has no reason to think an investment banker or lawyer is out of her reachlowering her expectations won't solve her problems, more than likely it will just create new onesher problem (again i can only imagin)was that when she was 20 she told herself the lie that as a woman she could have a high powered career and have a family by mid 20'stheres nothing she can do to escape the predicament she is now in, other than wait and hopeagain not the same as some waste girl with an attitude holding out for a doctor

for the sake of clarityhigh powered career women at such an age (i imagin) are in a postion where they have no man, becuz most of their life they've put their career first, and now their window to actually have a conventional family is rapidly closing.This is not the same issue as previously discussedi dn't think they suffer from having un-even expectations, obviously a woman that is an investment banker has no reason to think an investment banker or lawyer is out of her reachlowering her expectations won't solve her problems, more than likely it will just create new onesher problem (again i can only imagin)was that when she was 20 she told herself the lie that as a woman she could have a high powered career and have a family by mid 20'stheres nothing she can do to escape the predicament she is now in, other than wait and hopeagain not the same as some waste girl with an attitude holding out for a doctor
I completely understand what you mean.I just wanted to point out that at one stage in their lives, there were unrealistic expectations. Maybe not about the kind of man she'd have, but at least unrealistic expecations about the kind of love life she'd have.

My point is that alot of women believe that their income, occupation, status entitles them to a certain calibre of men, not understanding that the things that make women attractive, aren't the same things that make men attractive.
Of course they believe this, are you serious? LolDifference is, men's belief that income, occupation & status = a bag of women, is justified.

if u mean that a man with all of the above feels his entitled (and wrongly so) to some classy girl that is a beautiful person even though he is a complete d*ck, then i agree with utbh for every type of woman there is an equivalent type of man waste for waste imo

Of course they believe this, are you serious? LolDifference is, men's belief that income, occupation & status = a bag of women, is justified.
My point exactly, men and woman aint really that different. Its not justified though, its just mans ego allowing him to believe he can gain woman because of his status. Thats not a woman its a bitch my dear.

My point exactly, men and woman aint really that different. Its not justified though, its just mans ego allowing him to believe he can gain woman because of his status. Thats not a woman its a bitch my dear.
When I say justified, I mean it in the sense, that this type of man will actually GET the woman he feels he's entitled to. It isn't unrealistic for him. We live in a society where pricks get good women.

When I say justified, I mean it in the sense, that this type of man will actually GET the woman he feels he's entitled to. It isn't unrealistic for him. We live in a society where pricks get good women.
I see, im seeing it more from the point that, that woman only looked at him because of his imcome, occupation and status, therefore i believe shes a bitch not a woman.Social - Plenty of males on this forum type some utter bullshit i include you in this. So the feelings mutual, Put keep your pants on please.

for the sake of clarityhigh powered career women at such an age (i imagin) are in a postion where they have no man, becuz most of their life they've put their career first, and now their window to actually have a conventional family is rapidly closing.This is not the same issue as previously discussedi dn't think they suffer from having un-even expectations, obviously a woman that is an investment banker has no reason to think an investment banker or lawyer is out of her reachlowering her expectations won't solve her problems, more than likely it will just create new onesher problem (again i can only imagin)was that when she was 20 she told herself the lie that as a woman she could have a high powered career and have a family by mid 20'stheres nothing she can do to escape the predicament she is now in, other than wait and hope
i know of one girl in particular who fits this.She got all her 1st class degree and even masters in her subject field, earns very good money nice car and just bought her own house. Yet she cannot find, "what she defines a suitable man" cos her expectations and standards yes risen, but has alienated herself. She has even admitted it.She's been out with the "so called well to do guy, got his own sh*t" but relationship ended cos he got jealous in a power struggle to define his manhood as the higher earner and more successful. Eg he wasn't and could never be a provider in that relationship. (weak guy i guess) but she has encountered numerous guys in the same intimidated by her flex.even tried dating some (as she described it to me "a roadman" lol) and he was much more suited to her and was cool with her successful career, but he wasn't secure enough for her. as she wanted to where her man was every night etc...Now she has come to the conclusion, she will probably end up just having a baby with a guy like this and raise as a single mother.or sit tight and hope she finds mr right.Now flip the coin if this was a man. He'd have no problem scooping up a wife, to take care of and breed and have a family. (not saying it always goes that way, but the percentage and stats point so, more in favour of the man)

Guest Lisa Turtle

I look at the people around me. Friends, peers, elders and I worry that some of my friends are gonna end up like that.I have friends a couple years older than me, just graduated from medical school/dental school and now their lives have been thrown into this hectic lifestyle. They work long hours, have mortgages to pay, bills to worry about. The very little time that we do get together they are always complaining about men being intimidated about what they've achieved or the demands of their lifestlyes.I just wonder where they are supposed to find that balance. How do you turn off ballbuster mode at home and be the co-d to a captain when all day you're calling the shots at work? We've got our priorties all out of balance.

I look at the people around me. Friends, peers, elders and I worry that some of my friends are gonna end up like that.I have friends a couple years older than me, just graduated from medical school/dental school and now their lives have been thrown into this hectic lifestyle. They work long hours, have mortgages to pay, bills to worry about. The very little time that we do get together they are always complaining about men being intimidated about what they've achieved or the demands of their lifestlyes.I just wonder where they are supposed to find that balance. How do you turn off ballbuster mode at home and be the co-d to a captain when all day you're calling the shots at work? We've got our priorties all out of balance.
tbh even as sumone who deosn't think theres anything wrong with being a career woman (for the most part)i would never mess with a girl going into the medical professiona solid family life just doesn't fit in with that career, even as a man let alone a womandn't knw wat yur gonna do tbh, cuz i knw family is important to u

tbh even as sumone who deosn't think theres anything wrong with being a career woman (for the most part)i would never mess with a girl going into the medical professiona solid family life just doesn't fit in with that career, even as a man let alone a womandn't knw wat yur gonna do tbh, cuz i knw family is important to u
That is true.If your serious about family life, things have to be sacrificed, 3 years ago wouldn't have been right for me to have a family, but now it is, im in a position where i already take a back seat from stuff and my partner is in a position now where he is able to work and earn enough money that means i can take a back seat and still be secure.

its legacy of womens rights and certain government. Not saying its totally a bad thing, but women truly believe they are the same as men. And cannot grasp why pay is always higher for men. Cos empolyers know or think its only a matter of time before this newly qualified female solicitor will want a baby, thus having time off work, losing the company money and more expense to hire another temp staff member or she may not return to the company.not being sexist or whatever, women are natures child carriers, your bodies and minds are built for that task. not to be donnin the mans role as hunter, gather and protector. Obviously there are the exceptions but general rule of thumb, its not rocket science.take away all of modern lifes trappings. take it to the basics and look at it from that angle.also blame beyonce and similar entertainment artisits lol. "independant women" "my backfoot" nobody does anything on there own. Misguiding alot of young females out there selling this pipe dream. Only to get a severe reality check when they clock 35yrs of age no kids and no man.(again I always hold out for the exceptional individuals) but the exceptionals in this case are only a small minority.