Niklas Bendtner wants to make up for lost time.....

Lethaldabizzle2008

Nicklas Bendtner wants to make up for lost time after returning from his long-term groin injury.The Danish striker missed 18 games after limping off during the North London derby on October 31 but is close to full fitness following substitute appearances against Aston Villa and Manchester United.Bendtner is hoping to make his first start in more than three months when Arsenal travel to Chelsea on Sunday and the 22-year-old is ready to put a frustrating spell on the sidelines behind him."You always want to be able to give your best and that is what I will try to do," he told the Official Matchday Programme."If you look at the programme now, there are only four months left, then we are at the World Cup. It's gone so quickly. When people say they have been out with long-term injuries and they say it's hell, I can completely understand that now."It's difficult [spending time out injured], and you come in to training each day doing the same things. But you motivate by telling yourself that one day soon you will be better. When you come back you know you will find yourself again, and you are going to be strong."The medical staff are here to work with me and make me better. They do the best they can and I do the best I can. Away from football I don't have any people in my life who don't make me happy, so there was no change."I'm a naturally happy guy, whether I'm injured or not. It's harder when you are out injured because a big part of your life, and something you love is taken away from you."You never know what's going to happen, but I'm almost back to 100 per cent now and I'm going to get better and better all the time. I feel fine in training so let's see."Whats the betting he gets injured against Chelsea !?