Illmatic

Guest Flat Eric

Guest Flat Eric

Yo remember that Classic albums documentary for reasonable doubt that was on bbc1 a while ago

On wiki it says there is one for Illmatic

Has anyone seen this or know where I can watch/download it from?

Thanks (Y)

Guest WAVESURFER

f*ck Jay-Z, Reasonable Doubt is SO f*ck*ng OVERRATED.

It's only gained this "classic" status retrospectively, since Jay-Z's become so famous.

It wasn't seen as an instant classic when it came out, like 36 Chambers or The Chronic, or even Illmatic.

Classic my arse, it's a good 90s NY rap album, nothing more.

f*ck Jay-Z, Reasonable Doubt is SO f*ck*ng OVERRATED.

It's only gained this "classic" status retrospectively, since Jay-Z's become so famous.

It wasn't seen as an instant classic when it came out, like 36 Chambers or The Chronic, or even Illmatic.

Classic my arse, it's a good 90s NY rap album, nothing more.

c/s

c/s the anti jay-z movement

reasonable doubt has some silly tracks though

can I live

...whatever track it is that samples the stylistics 'this way again'

this way, this way, this way again...

Polotics as Usual (best track/beat on the album)

and some others

but those were the best on the album

lol wtf

didn't say i disliked the album

just said it had silly tracks (as in good)

he as a rapper / human can drown in a vat of zebra piss though

Bring it on

feelin it

politics

cant knock the hustle

can i live (only the original, part 2 was shite)

regrets

dead pres II

d'evils

22 twos

all disgusting

Guest WAVESURFER

pretty sure you guys just dislike jay z, don't see how a fan of hip hop couldn't like that album without some personal bias. great production and great lyrics. ain't no nigga is garbage and i can do without 22 2's but that's it.

As I said, it's a good album.

Just pisses me off when people talk about it like it's some kind of unimpeachable classic. Look at the list of "classics" they made thse shows about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Albums

Illmatic and RD are the only rap albums there. Illmatic deserves it, but to put RD there is a travesty.

The only reason it's spoken/written about in that way is that Jay-Z's current public profile/ubiquity in pop culture is far greater than Raekwon/Redman/Black Moon/Big L/Smif N Wessun/GZA/Ghostface/CNN/Mobb Deep/innumerable other NY Rappers and groups who made better albums in that era.

pretty sure you guys just dislike jay z, don't see how a fan of hip hop couldn't like that album without some personal bias. great production and great lyrics. ain't no nigga is garbage and i can do without 22 2's but that's it.

Just pisses me off when people talk about it like it's some kind of unimpeachable classic. Look at the list of "classics" they made thse shows about:

Illmatic and RD are the only rap albums there. Illmatic deserves it, but to put RD there is a travesty.

The only reason it's spoken/written about in that way is that Jay-Z's current public profile/ubiquity in pop culture is far greater than Raekwon/Redman/Black Moon/Big L/Smif N Wessun/GZA/Ghostface/CNN/Mobb Deep/innumerable other NY Rappers and groups who made better albums in that era.

yeah no doubt that jay's public standing is a big factor towards them adding it to the classic album series, the other factor though is that it's a legitimately classic album (or at least arguable). that's a mix they're never gonna pass up on.

Guest Flat Eric

Alright, U right

Guest WAVESURFER

I'm not mad at them for making a programme about it. They've got to make shows mainstream people will watch, and noone's gonna watch a show about Dah Shinin' or Ironman.

I just don't think RD is worthy of the praise it gets, from hip-hop fans or from outsiders.

It's a good album, by a rapper whose public persona now overshadows all of his music IMO, past and present.

Guest WAVESURFER

Alright, U right

Congratulations Flat Eric, you listened to the new Cam'ron mixtape.

You've dropped that line twice now and noone's LOL'ed yet, so take this:

:lol:

And f*ck off.

• Upvote 1