Suppressing Depression?

Dubby

Okay, so I've got various small issues that I have going on in my life, I'm working to smooth them out however it's not a short process (and they're not things I can work on all the time), thing is as these have piled up a bit they're making me feel quite miserable which I'm thinking isn't something that will go away until the issues start to go away - which isn't gonna happen in the next few days.So what I want to do is go about finding ways of suppressing or ignoring said feelings. So what do you guys do to try and shift your mindstate?Psychological techniques?Thought processes?Recreational activities?Share

its not right to surpress ur feelings, ur stress or depression, whatever u wanna lable itwhat u need is a vice, couldnt reccommend exercise more, i started trainin again in december, it is a massive reliefur vice could be anything tho, doin something creative, focusin ur mind or something seperate from ur situation an the people that ur around whos contributin to that stresswhen i surpress my negative feelings, i end up internalisin the stress an my body reacts time a da month will come early, teeth grindin, all my sleep issues its cos i havnt been able to release that negative energynot sayin u should talk about it, cos somethings u cant talk aboutprayer and meditation is another good one, not talkin about askin God for favours or making deals like people do when they are in desperation but trying to source strength from within urself

focus on one problem at a time dont get overwhelmed, pick the issue that is having the most negative impact on ur life and resolve it then move onto the next. keep on top of the little things that give ur life order and be disciplined, gym is a good outlet and gives u a sense of achievement and helps u to realize u can conquer any thing - keep urself healthy/ yard tidy/ friends and family tite, this will make any problems u have alot easier to face.

Deal with the issues.Nothing else will work.Tried it.Until you resolve what's happening you have to accept that certain things will have a negative effect on you.The only difference is if it's an irrational depression - i.e. the issues that are getting to you are trivial and aren't what would typically upset or bother someone. In that case I'd probably go with getting checked out.

nice one smadds, thats the sort of stuff I was thinking ofhad been getting into exercising more and stuff but then bad sleeping patterns came about and I just didn't feel like I had the energy anymore - gonna try and work on that though, I tried meditation before a few years ago and it kinda worked a bit (although back then it was doing it to see what would happen, not necessarily to accomplish anything) - will try to revisit that as wellbeen trying to get the creativity up as well recently (putting my mini-studio together) so hopefully when I've hooked that up it will help a bitregarding the whole suppression thing... well certain things I am talking to people about, the rest is just being pushed out in my mood towards others I think (i guess as a result of suppression)... I can't talk to people around here about the other things that are giving me most stress 'cause although it has nothing to do with them if I tell them they'll either feel guilty (because they may feel that it did have something to do with them) or they'll get involved (because it has something to do with people they know)

focus on one problem at a time dont get overwhelmed, pick the issue that is having the most negative impact on ur life and resolve it then move onto the next.
yeah, thing is most of my crap has certain times when it can be dealt with, not the sort of stuff where I can just switch on and think "i'm gonna sort this now", I've got times when I'm planning to address the issues.. I'm fine with the fact that I have to address them, it's just the annoying feeling of having them in my head until they're dealt withand as with my school work, I'll end up only doing the small things once the big things are done with.. which usually causes trouble with things piling up quickly - which is another attitude I need to sort out

Exercise is as effective as any medical treatment for depressionAerobic - jogging, swimming, cycling, sports etcJogging is a miserable endeavour though tbf
when ive felt lowexercise has always helpedjogging isnt stilulatingbut you can focus on the jogging, or your thoughtsit can help

yeah but when the exercise stops, you still have the same problems that you did an hour agowrite a list of all of your problems or things that you dont like that's currently going on in your lifereorganise the list into worse-beststart working on the biggest issuesthis is the best method for everything

• Upvote 1

was a sick idea tbh
Yeah but....
Okay, so I've got various small issues that I have going on in my life, I'm working to smooth them out however it's not a short process (and they're not things I can work on all the time)
Dude is already sorting his problems out and fixing the ones he can, he needs somthing to relax himself in the spare time and take his mind away.