What Subjects/People Should Children/Teenagers Be Taught About In School?

Mame Biram Diouf

Think first of all money. Too many people grow up worshiping money, all this talk about money over everything etc

And not enough people grow up knowing how to handle money, living off credit cards and paying off debts with more debts.

I cant believe the name Marcus Garvey was never mentioned once in my time at school, only came across his name in a song once and looked him up to realize he was one of the greatest men to ever live.

Even the Bloods and Crips. They started off as just protecting the neighbourhoods after the Black Panthers Leaders were either killed or put in prison or forced into exile (Assata). But then they threw drugs into the communities and gun and 30 years later look what we have now. Its gone from one neighbourhood to a global issue.

Even things like the benefits of having a strong family unit.

Add yours.

things like money and how to pay bills etc. are things that parents should be teaching their children. i don't see why things like this are necessary in school. unless you mean in pshe

lol @ teaching about the bloods and crips in school. i do agree more of a focus on non-european history would be good though.

Yes SHOULD but dont

You cant force parents to teach that sort of stuff but you can force teachers.

And seeing as most parents are likely to not be educated on money then by relying on them to teach their children is like letting a colour blind man be a critique at a colour gallery tbf

Whats wrong with teaching about the orginations of the bloods and crips?

Most of these gangbangers think they were formed to rob and steal and kill...

how to handle money

is this not common sense?

serious question, how can you justify teaching this in school? what would lessons consist of?

its true i dunno how u cud teach i grew up seeing my mum like never ever use her credit card and when i asked her why she explained sh*t to me and from then on i knew credit cards werent the lick, but some ppl now a days just dont think

how to handle money

politics

Have you ever been taught politics before just out of interest?

Never we could pick politics at gcse and as level but that aint good enough imo it should be taught from early they have citizenship but it is soooo sh*t and flips from topic to topic we ever really learned sh*t

cooking should be mandatory but most of this can't be fit in to a school schedule

the top 3 compulsory subjects, that should replace english and math being compulsory are

1: MONEY: but not just how to "save" but how to make money work for you, taxation and financial planning. this is something that even MBA students dont really get taught in the right sense.

2: would be "the power of positive thinking", which would allow students realize their dreams and the mindset they need to get to where they want to go.

3: African History: as it was recorded by historians in the 17th and 18th centuries, pre trans atlantic slavery.

the world would be a much better place after this