What Subjects/People Should Children/Teenagers Be Taught About In School?

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Lisa Turtle

Definitely agree with finacial management

And a heavier focus on other cultures, ignorance causes way too many problems in modern society.

I feel obviously that things should be taught at home but its not happening as parents are just as ignorant or just as poor with money. There has to be a way to get this knowledge across. The compulsory education system is the only way imo.

etymology and semantics also

un regards to our parents generation, they are the children of Thatcher, so we cant rely on them to instill much, no disrespect to them

we are the 'techno' generation so self sufficiency in knowledge is a lot more of a reality

yeah so anyway... anyone who says teaching about FINANCE (not just money) is wrong in schools is foolish.

baitly doesnt know much about finance himself.

the only thing is, if the teachers knew their stuff about finance, they wdnt be teachers in a school

so they need to get those who have actually played the money game well to talk about money not some breh still reliant on his pension

teaching about morals depends on the culture. i dont want to learn about european morals, infact they shoudl know they dont have any

and need to be taught some.

Guest Triple XXX

and sh*t about tax aswell

i say this cos i dont know sh*t about taxes

that should be in the finance teachings and sh*t

the amount of sh*t ive had to teach myself over the past 2 years is unbelievable

CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING SO AND SO SHOULD BE TAUGHT AT HOME BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUS IT ISNT BEING TAUGHT AND IS LIKELY TO NOT EVER BE TAUGHT AS I HAVE ADDRESSED IN PREVIOUS POSTS WITH ATTACHED REASONS

KOOL

init

doubt parents actually sit down teach there kids budgeting or even what mortgage is

tbh that's more a reflection on the working class than anything else.

the middle class are much more likely to educate their kids like this.

CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING SO AND SO SHOULD BE TAUGHT AT HOME BECAUSE ITS OBVIOUS IT ISNT BEING TAUGHT AND IS LIKELY TO NOT EVER BE TAUGHT AS I HAVE ADDRESSED IN PREVIOUS POSTS WITH ATTACHED REASONS

KOOL

init

doubt parents actually sit down teach there kids budgeting or even what mortgage is

tbh that's more a reflection on the working class than anything else.

the middle class are much more likely to educate their kids like this.

basically telling ur parents to get their money game up.

You mean we should learn French the same way we learn English?

I mean the French/Spanish you learn in school is not the way the average person in France/Spain speaks the language. If you went to France and spoke the way you are taught to, you will sound like Brian Sewell to your average Frenchman.

I'm not saying people should be taught to speak French in some working class Marseilles accent, but at least learn to speak informally.

i dont think its that big a deal

its better to learn the correct way of speech, the french people will understand exactly what your saying

slightly seperately, when we learn french, we have to speak it with the accent

when they learn english they dont bother with an english accent,

I mean the French/Spanish you learn in school is not the way the average person in France/Spain speaks the language. If you went to France and spoke the way you are taught to, you will sound like Brian Sewell to your average Frenchman.

I'm not saying people should be taught to speak French in some working class Marseilles accent, but at least learn to speak informally.

Got to disagree with you there

You should always be taught the proper formal way to speak a language

Guest Esquilax

etymology and semantics also

un regards to our parents generation, they are the children of Thatcher, so we cant rely on them to instill much, no disrespect to them

we are the 'techno' generation so self sufficiency in knowledge is a lot more of a reality

Why etymology?

The point of honing your lexical and linguistic skills in school is so you learn how to communicate ideas and thoughts in the 'real world'

Learning the history of those words is irrelevant, especially devoting an entire class to it

Realistic life skills ( To many people go from school to college to uni never working a day of their life and their expectations are unrealistic)

C/S The Cooking - Disgusted by the lack people know about good food and cooking TBH.

However i also feel the Morals/Principles/Empathy etc should be taught from a young age by parents. To many people bringing children into this world then relaying on Social workers/Police/Schools to educate and discipline their children. Fix up!!

Guest Triple XXX

Got to disagree with you there

You should always be taught the proper formal way to speak a language

i dont think its that big a deal

its better to learn the correct way of speech, the french people will understand exactly what your saying

slightly seperately, when we learn french, we have to speak it with the accent

when they learn english they dont bother with an english accent,

PMSL THIS CANNOT BE SERIOUS

asfsfasdf

This is a new low.

I beg somebody else understands just how stupid that was.

• Upvote 1