Met Commander Jailed For Corruption

Sinister

Metropolitan Police Commander Ali Dizaei has been sentenced to four years for assaulting and falsely arresting a man in a dispute over £600.

Southwark Crown Court was told Waad Al-Baghdadi was arrested by Dizaei in a row over work on the officer's website.

Dizaei, 47, was convicted of both misconduct in a public office and perverting the course of justice.

Prosecutor Peter Wright QC said he was guilty of a "wholesale abuse of power" motivated by self-interest and pride.

Dizaei was ordered to spend two years in prison and two years on licence.

Mr Justice Simon said the sentence included a deterrent element "to send a clear message that police officers of whatever rank are not above the law".

The judge told Dizaei: "You knew how the system worked and you thought you would never be discovered.

"You crossed that line and now stand convicted of these offences."

Commenting after the verdict, Mr Al-Baghdadi said: "I would like to thank all those who listened to me after I made my complaint, in particular the jury who have delivered justice and found Ali Dizaei guilty."

Speaking after the trial, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson said: "It is extremely disappointing and concerning that this very senior officer has been found guilty of abusing his position and power.

lol @ this racist institution claiming that it served justice.

this breh was just set up, cos he took the feds to court and won his case to return to office

they had it in for him and set him up. peados f*ck babies and get 9 months and they give this man 4 yrs

and why is this iraqi heading up a "black" police association? who said he's black?

why is there a need for ''black'' police association ?! o wait yeh the police are RACIST. That iranian dude was probably racist aswell they just said hey you are coloured here but the lightest of the coloured so you can be the head

and them guys just joked about it all day long

anyway im chattin sh*t now i duno nothin im going bye , whats a noob?