Frimpong: Ghana over England

Gunner

Arsenal teenager Emmanuel Frimpong has confirmed that he sees his international future with the country of his birth Ghana - not England.The 18-year-old midfielder has represented England at Under-16 levels, but admits his heart is not with his adopted county.Frimpong sees himself as Ghanaian and is not interested in playing for England should he receive a call-up."I have always said that, no matter what, I will always play for Ghana because at the end of the day, from what I believe, I am a Ghanaian," he told the club's official website."England has done a lot for me and my family but at the end of the day I can't see myself playing for England because I am not English - I am from Ghana."Rate the decision.

It's no loss to England and no surprise someone that was born and lived in Ghana would want to play for that country.Not something ratable tbh you play for the country you feel is your own, for him, it's Ghana.In footballing terms all he has done is limit his international trophy chances to African Cup of Nations.

It's no loss to England and no surprise someone that was born and lived in Ghana would want to play for that country.Not something ratable tbh you play for the country you feel is your own, for him, it's Ghana.In footballing terms all he has done is limit his international trophy chances to African Cup of Nations.
Exactly the reason he gets ratings, bare players just choose the country they're more likely to to win trophies with.