What does your name mean?

Gunner

Maybe this has been done before. Oh well.

I'm trying to find out all the possible meanings of my name and it's heritages etc. Some homework i've been given at some young father's group i go to.

Yeah my name some may know already is Elliott. No biggie. And my son's name is Elijah. Some internet sites are saying our name means the same thing (Jehova is my God / Jehova is God). I knew that that that's what Elijah meant and that Elliott is sometimes believed to be derived from Elias (another name for Elijah)

Anyway how important is the meaning of your name, and the meaning behind a name to you.

Anyone got children here?

Why did you choose their name? Like the sound? It's meaning? Didn't have a say?

What does your name mean?

GoTru

I've never actually looked up the meaning of my first name.

All I know is that it's a last name and is French.

Just looked it up, couple websites are also saying it originates in Austrailia.

It's meaning is..

French: from a diminutive of Old French garra ‘crock or jar for oil’, presumably a metonymic occupational name for a maker of such crocks or for a producer or seller of aromatic or comestible oils. This name is concentrated in LA.

I've never actually looked up the meaning of my first name.

All I know is that it's a last name and is French.

Just looked it up, couple websites are also saying it originates in Austrailia.

It's meaning is..

French: from a diminutive of Old French garra ‘crock or jar for oil’, presumably a metonymic occupational name for a maker of such crocks or for a producer or seller of aromatic or comestible oils. This name is concentrated in LA.

cool name, so just how is jean val jean doing?

The girl's name Lara \l(a)-

ra\ is pronounced LAR-ah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "protection". From "Lares", referring to the individual gods of Roman households, the protectors of home and fields. Also possibly (Latin) "cheerful; famous". It may also be traced to the Greek Larissa. Lara is popular in Russia; it is also a Spanish surname and place name. Literary: name of a central character in Boris Pasternak's novel "Doctor Zhivago". Actress Lara Flynn Boyle.

Guest Intervention

She is mixed isn't she?

Isn't she?

are u talking to me?

Considering I posted after you, you mentioned your daughter and I opened up my post by saying she, I think its safe to assume, yes.

Is she?