Chesney interview with the BBC

Francis Coquelin

• 1 month later...
WOJCIECH Szczesny admits he owes his Brentford team-mates one after they spared his blushes against MK Dons on Saturday.The on-loan Arsenal keeper dropped a pair of clangers that looked like gifting the visitors all three points at Griffin Park, only for super-sub Carl Cort to salvage a draw.He admitted: "I've had some good performances here but I was shocking. Luckily we got away with it. I would've been very disappointed if we lost."I didn't even celebrate our equaliser. I was in my own world. I'm very thankful to all the lads because we didn't give up, even when we conceded the third goal."We showed a great battling spirit, and I think we deserved to win the game. A couple of my mistakes meant we dropped two points."
Has your boy walcott ever come and admitted his performance wasn't acceptable?No, cos he'd have a statement out every other week.

• 1 month later...
ARSENAL youngster Wojciech Szczesny has told Arsene Wenger he is the answer to the club's goalkeeping problems.The 19-year-old Polish stopper has been impressing on loan at League One side Brentford while his senior colleagues Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski have made numerous errors in the Gunners' first team.And Szczesny — who appeared in Arsenal's Carling Cup win over West Brom earlier this season — believes he can return to the club and challenge for the No1 jersey on a regular basis.He said: "I knew I was coming here to prove myself good enough to be in goal for Arsenal and hopefully I have convinced some people I can do a job for them next year."I believe that if I had been given a chance at Arsenal before I came here, I would have been good enough. I just came here to prove it."Hopefully some people — including Arsene Wenger — will see me in that number one place next year."Szczesny feels his spell with the Bees has given him extra confidence for the challenges ahead to make the breakthrough with the Gunners.He added; "I have said before that you need to learn the basics in this league to then take that back to Arsenal."You might have seen in recent months that Arsenal goalkeepers have had problems with the basics."You need to make sure that when you come to the lower leagues you do not make mistakes and if you pull off a couple of great saves that is a bonus."I believe I have done that and only made a couple of mistakes. Things have gone well."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2944041/Wojciech-Szczesny-I-can-solve-your-goalkeeper-problems-Arsene.html#ixzz0lquc7WOa

• 1 month later...
Arsene Wenger may be forced to start next season with a rookie goalkeeper after being frustrated in his search for a long-term successor to Manuel Almunia.The Arsenal manager had Joe Hart as his top target but Hart has been told he is staying at Manchester City.Also on his list are Manuel Neuer of German club Schalke and Pepe Reina of Liverpool but neither club is willing to sell.Wenger continues to monitor developments concerning Inter Milan’s Julio Cesar and watched him in the Champions League Final last night.Wenger could be left with Wojciech Szczesny. The 21-year-old Pole earned rave reports for his performances at Brentford this season.He proved himself able to handle the physical buffeting of the English game, an area where his compatriot Lucasz Fabianski was found wanting.Szczesny has declared himself ready to push for a first-team place. He is wanted by Leeds on loan but Wenger may and test him out in pre-season matches.http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-may-start-next-season-with-rookie-goalkeeper-after-Joe-Hart-bid-fails-article434025.html