THE OVER RATED PEOPLE THREAD

VENOM

Lady Gaga is incredibly talented.

She's making music which makes her money though.

Sitting at a piano and playing jazz wouldn't get her anywhere near the level she's at now.

Wrong.

Alot of Jazz/Classical artists make more money than alot of commercial artists.

The biggest misconception in music.

Guest WAVESURFER

Fresh Prince>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Will Smith

Let his fictional self down, big time.

From this decade I like Ali and Bad Boys 2.

Everything else is brazen oscar bait and token summer blockbuster.

Mind you a lot of this ill feelings stem from the fresh prince fall off.

His music fell off too, back then he had Summertime, Boom Shake The Room, Parents Just Don't Understand, Brand New Funk. Even some of the early 'Will Smith' stuff like Miami & Gettin Jiggy With It was decent.

But this decade....WTF was that "Nod Ya Head" bullshit? And don't even get me started on "Switch".

Tupac is overratted. Mainly by asian pricks with greased hair

Any pussyole who tried to become greaze overnight.

"flashbacks to that cell u got scuffded in u would think gettin his headshot is enough for him"

ok I acknowledge he made some good songs and i rate his songmaking ability but This nigga was MOIST, same guy with his nose pierced rocking sum leather bondage leather garms on his cover?

bath2-1.jpg

NOT A THUG YOUR A WALLY, WALLY

His music fell off too, back then he had Summertime, Boom Shake The Room, Parents Just Don't Understand, Brand New Funk. Even some of the early 'Will Smith' stuff like Miami & Gettin Jiggy With It was decent.

But this decade....WTF was that "Nod Ya Head" bullshit? And don't even get me started on "Switch".

True stories, the last two in particular. Film-promoting singles was Will's go to move at one point.

Probably what made him so formidable as anyone who finished Wild Wild West wondering why they cut Sisqo's scenes will tell you.

Guy just fell off.

/

Willenium and Freak It, wooooo.

Will Smith's a nutter, he's into scientology and sh*t, and he's pushing his son into the most f*cked up world possible (Hollywood). Terrible role model.

2Pac>>>>>>>>>>>Jazzy Jeff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fresh Prince>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Will Smith

u shoudlnt really comment on ......................................anything

ur reasoning hasnt fully developed yet.

cos that was utter bullshit comparing will smith to fresh prince.

an actor to a rapper :/

fresh prince was right in his comfort zone, he stepped out of it and did well.

i dont see bookstores full of his autobiographies, news of his affairs and him crying on TV, telling us about the new boxers he bought, starting a new "reality tv" show, "adopting a baby" from an impoverished country, amongst all the other things OVERRATED people do.

he gives interviews and does the press rounds when he has a film coming out, after that its back on the grind.

about fresh prince>>>>will smith. f*ck*ng idiot

Guest WAVESURFER

Will Smith's a nutter, he's into scientology and sh*t, and he's pushing his son into the most f*cked up world possible (Hollywood). Terrible role model.

2Pac>>>>>>>>>>>Jazzy Jeff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fresh Prince>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Will Smith

u shoudlnt really comment on ......................................anything

ur reasoning hasnt fully developed yet.

cos that was utter bullshit comparing will smith to fresh prince.

an actor to a rapper :/

fresh prince was right in his comfort zone, he stepped out of it and did well.

i dont see bookstores full of his autobiographies, news of his affairs and him crying on TV, telling us about the new boxers he bought, starting a new "reality tv" show, "adopting a baby" from an impoverished country, amongst all the other things OVERRATED people do.

he gives interviews and does the press rounds when he has a film coming out, after that its back on the grind.

about fresh prince>>>>will smith. f*ck*ng idiot

f*ck off.

TBH, alot of people underestimate the sheer work ethic alot of celebrities when they recklessly throw out the term 'over-rated'...

I'm not talking about the Peter Andre's, Jordan's, etc.

Like, how anyone can say Lady Gaga is a madness to me. Stevie Wonder-like musical ability isn't the only box you have to tick off as a COMMERCIAL artist. In order to appeal to a MASS audience, as an artist you have to some sort of appeal that hits alot of people. A common denominator. And that's AFTER you've made it through the thousands upon thousands of like-minded hopefuls striving for the same goal whether it be in music, film, sport, etc...

Like, in football, alot of idiots class Frank Lampard as over-rated. Even I did admittedly a few years ago, but I respect him just as much as I do someone like Ronaldinho.

Even Will Smith said it in that video, he knows he ain't the most naturally talented actor, but the graft he puts in is on NEXT levels.

Worshipping a celebrity blindly is a no-no, that goes without saying, however there are alot of qualities that aren't apparent which if people in their everyday lives mirrored, could achieve just that little bit more themselves.

this is one of reasons i rate will so highly, especially in that video

he is the only real movie star left

waversurfer just wants to provoke an arguement

c/s venom

Guest WAVESURFER

TBH, alot of people underestimate the sheer work ethic alot of celebrities when they recklessly throw out the term 'over-rated'...

I'm not talking about the Peter Andre's, Jordan's, etc.

Like, how anyone can say Lady Gaga is a madness to me. Stevie Wonder-like musical ability isn't the only box you have to tick off as a COMMERCIAL artist. In order to appeal to a MASS audience, as an artist you have to some sort of appeal that hits alot of people. A common denominator. And that's AFTER you've made it through the thousands upon thousands of like-minded hopefuls striving for the same goal whether it be in music, film, sport, etc...

Like, in football, alot of idiots class Frank Lampard as over-rated. Even I did admittedly a few years ago, but I respect him just as much as I do someone like Ronaldinho.

Even Will Smith said it in that video, he knows he ain't the most naturally talented actor, but the graft he puts in is on NEXT levels.

Worshipping a celebrity blindly is a no-no, that goes without saying, however there are alot of qualities that aren't apparent which if people in their everyday lives mirrored, could achieve just that little bit more themselves.

this is one of reasons i rate will so highly, especially in that video

he is the only real movie star left

waversurfer just wants to provoke an arguement

c/s venom

Provoke an argument?

The argument was already going on, I just added my 2 cents.

Noone seemed to disagree. Jubez was the only person who commented on my post (up until venom quoted me) and he agreed with me. Where's the argument?

So I dunno how you came to the conclusion that I wanted to provoke an argument.

Venom allow it when you know exactly what he means.

which is why i commented?

im not concerned about how lyrical fresh prince was over "will smith"

im talking about over rated people. so if u and him dont understand the theme of this thread then f*ck off

we tend to hear alot more about H-Z list "celebrities" nowdays than A listers, and i beleive that Many, A listers are far better knowing about.

but the fact that we dont know that much about them creates that illusion of what celebrity really should be imo.

reading the news should not make u a f*ck*ng celebrity, or becos ur were FIRED from ur job as a news editor

the list is endless and to make matters worse ..nowadays we hear more about these people than others that have actually done sh*t

But who the f*ck even said that, stop talking about irrelevant sh*t man.

I don't care about this threads whereabouts on 9/11, underlying social criticism

family members in power or any other weak sh*t it was "supposed to be about it"

says 'Overrated People' in the title so that's what's going on.

About f*ck off. 'Six Degrees of Separation' was fictional p*ssy.

Guest Esquilax

But who the f*ck even said that, stop talking about irrelevant sh*t man.

I don't care about this threads whereabouts on 9/11, underlying social criticism

family members in power or any other weak sh*t it was "supposed to be about it"

says 'Overrated People' in the title so that's what's going on.

About f*ck off. 'Six Degrees of Separation' was fictional p*ssy.

Yeah, yeah and he's gay, too.

nah m8 they have had bangers throughout the 00's

there last album was hard

i saw them perform live at Wembley in the summer and they were deep

/

@ nola, there personal life hasn't got sh*t 2 do with the music

]

it's got everything to do with their music, u ever notice just before they dropped an album they'd either beat themselves or each other up? nice bit of publicity there. And EVERY tune they done was basically a football chant, written simply enough to appeal to the lowest common denominator, but with just enuff melodic content for drunk ppl to sing on their way home from the pub. Also they never once wrote a song that made any sense, coming out with bare bullshit like "running down the hall faster than a cannonball" which basically means "i'm too stupid to be able to write anything meaningful so i'm gonna make up some complete sh*t and pretend it's some kind of complex metaphor/pretend i was on drugs when i wrote it".

Simply put if you like oasis you're a dunce.