BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Guest Esquilax

Guest Esquilax

Saw this at an arcade, beg we all buy it (360) and it be the new SF4 seeing as thats rinsed like pirate radio.

Bit of info

BlazBlue is a traditional 2D fighter where two characters participate in a duel on a two dimensional plane. A round is called a "rebel" and one match can consist of one to five "rebels". To win a round, one player must either incapacitate the other by inflicting damage through various attacks to reduce health or by having more remaining health after the clock runs out if the rules of the match has one.

Every character has a weak, medium and strong attack. Also every character has a "unique" technique, called a Drive attack, which is different for each character. Those attacks are also known as "A", "B", "C" and "D". Various combos can be performed by every character through careful input of regular and drive attacks. A combo consists of two or more consecutive attacks that hit an opponent without them retaliating. As combos become longer, each attack will do less damage than normal to give the opponent a chance to retaliate. Grabs can be incorporated into combos also by pressing the "B" and "C" buttons at the same time. Occasionally, some attacks (e.g. Jin's Hirensou) will use portions of the player's heat gauge at the bottom of the screen. The heat gauge is filled by either dealing or receiving damage. When at a certain percentage, special moves called "distortion drives" can be performed. When a distortion drive is successfully performed and connects with the opponent, it deals massive damage and is visually flashier than normal attacks.

Along with attacks every character has two types of block. One is the regular block that can be broken with a "guard crush". That can be achieved by pushing the "guard libra" gauge all the way to the opponent's side through repeated attacks. If the opponent keeps blocking, then their guard can be broken, leaving them open for attack. The second type of block is a barrier block, which is initiated by blocking while holding the "A" and "B" buttons at the same time. A barrier block cannot be broken like a normal guard, but there is a limit on how long one can be held, which is indicated by the barrier gauge. If the barrier gauge empties, then the player will receive 150% damage until it regenerates to half-full.

Ive got this game on PS3 import. its very good but after a while you begin to see the games slight in-balance of characters. this games version of sagat is Arakune and V-13, but just imagine sagat having instant tiger shots, a teleport and raging demon and you get those to characters i mentioned earlier. Such a bump

Dont know if ill buy it again on Xbox since this game is about a year old and has very little competion. Also taking into consideration that Blazblue: Continuum Shift (Blazblue's version of SSF4) is about to come out sometime this year also. NO other game is gonna survive when SSF4 hits the shelves. FACT

Guest Esquilax

Ive got this game on PS3 import. its very good but after a while you begin to see the games slight in-balance of characters. this games version of sagat is Arakune and V-13, but just imagine sagat having instant tiger shots, a teleport and raging demon and you get those to characters i mentioned earlier. Such a bump

Dont know if ill buy it again on Xbox since this game is about a year old and has very little competion. Also taking into consideration that Blazblue: Continuum Shift (Blazblue's version of SSF4) is about to come out sometime this year also. NO other game is gonna survive when SSF4 hits the shelves. FACT

I played against some guy in an arcade and he murked me quick, I played as arakune and he was Noel, knew all the moves n sh*t. If you're good enough then it shouldn't be that much of an issue IMO

I played against some guy in an arcade and he murked me quick, I played as arakune and he was Noel, knew all the moves n sh*t. If you're good enough then it shouldn't be that much of an issue IMO

lol if anyone thought Sagat is bad, then they don't know about Arakune in BB. To the highlighted, no offense its probs 'cause your rubbish at the game. Them characters have a massive advantage hence why svb 09 BB winner got boo'd (He used that character)

Guest Esquilax

lol if anyone thought Sagat is bad, then they don't know about Arakune in BB. To the highlighted, no offense its probs 'cause your rubbish at the game. Them characters have a massive advantage hence why svb 09 BB winner got boo'd (He used that character)

No offense taken and its probably true lol

I'll still get it, ah well.