Weekend Football

Black.

don't see how u can say it's not a bad tackle if i run and hack u at shin height, he was late and it was more like 40-60.not the worse ive seen by a long shot. but if you continually push the notion that this is what you have to do to stop arsenal then this is the result eventually. the majority of the premier league advocates kicking the opposition (where they are technically inferior), yet when this is the outcome they all hiding behind some bs excuses and refusing to run replays.

Not every bad injury is the result of an equally bad tackle.It was a 50/50 with an unfortunate outcome, previous incidents and Wenger's ongoing comments about physicality have played a big part in the reaction of Arsenal fans and players.
Not even disagreeing with you here, but you can't argue against the fact that it's become acceptable for teams to be 'overly physical' against Arsenal...There's being aggressive & then there's reckless, and I'm saying that generally, not just about the Stoke incident. Some of the matches I saw played against Bolton & Newcastle in recent years were just short of barbaric. We play football right? Players train to PLAY football. Top-flight teams, playing in the f*ck*ng Premier League, shouldn't prioritise aggression over actual football, to beat ANY team, let alone Arsenal. Because it also manifests a mentality within British players that trickles down from top flight football to Sunday league, where physicality precedes technique...
It's always been acceptable for teams to be overly physical in England. The problem with Arsenal supporters in general is that because of the way Wenger has been going on about it you've come to believe you're the only team thats subjected to'excessive' physicality when the truth is you aren't, you're just the team that is worst equipped to deal with it. There were 2 challenges in the Merseyside derby the other week that were easily worse than the challenge on Ramsey but luckily they didn't prove to be as damaging.This goes hand in hand with the amount of foreign players you have in your squad who aren't used to the physical approach of English football. Wenger has been here long enough to know that you need a physical presence in your team otherwise you will get boyed, we're talking about a manager who had Vieira and Keown in his sides ffs. He can moan and moan about the physicality of the game all he likes but at the end of the day he can't get away from the fact he hasn't responded to the obvious problem - teams think Arsenal are p*ssy. 10 years ago he had a team capable of playing slick football but in the event the opposition wanted to get physical there was more than enough man ODT to step up to the challenge and let teams know 'we aren't those clammy guys'.On top of this Arsenal have a squad full of players who look like they'd struggle to bench the bar with nothing on it. In short he's got to accept that physicality is a part of the game in England and always will be, so he's got to adjust or even revert back to the methods he used that are tried and tested.
  • Upvote 3

Wenger has basically diluted your membranes with bullshit about football shouldn't be much of a physical game. He has been in the Premiership for SO LONG and he still does not accept the physical part of it.. Was he saying this when he had THUGS on the team like Keown, Adams, Vieira, Campbell (the judas is back but meh) etc? Nope.Guy is a hypocrite at the highest degree possible. When his team do something wrong he pulls a blind eye.. And when the other team pull off the SAME WRONG DOING he see's every detail from the millisecond it happened and how much damage the incident caused. You cant play football and not be aggressive at the same time in an English league. No matter what league it is from Sat/Sun league to Prem. Wengers just making it worse for himself by saying all this now because he's got a run in against "weaker" sides who can afford to play that aggressive game and do anything and everything possible to stop arsenal from scoring.Good luck Wenger. I hope you or Chelsea win the league. __ >> Ushited winning it.

• Upvote 1

Wenger has basically diluted your membranes with bullshit about football shouldn't be much of a physical game. He has been in the Premiership for SO LONG and he still does not accept the physical part of it.. Was he saying this when he had THUGS on the team like Keown, Adams, Vieira, Campbell (the judas is back but meh) etc? Nope.Guy is a hypocrite at the highest degree possible. When his team do something wrong he pulls a blind eye.. And when the other team pull off the SAME WRONG DOING he see's every detail from the millisecond it happened and how much damage the incident caused. You cant play football and not be aggressive at the same time in an English league. No matter what league it is from Sat/Sun league to Prem. Wengers just making it worse for himself by saying all this now because he's got a run in against "weaker" sides who can afford to play that aggressive game and do anything and everything possible to stop arsenal from scoring.Good luck Wenger. I hope you or Chelsea win the league. __ >> Ushited winning it.
do u really mean this murko? cos i was under the understanding man u were ur 2nd fav team

do u really mean this murko? cos i was under the understanding man u were ur 2nd fav team
BEGGING for lols again? I said I like the way they play football (when Ronaldo was there)Why do you always froth up a thread you d*ckwad? Shut the f*ck up.

Arsène Wenger admits that he sometimes feels guilty for encouraging tough-tackling from his players.The reason for his concern is that nasty injuries - such as the one suffered by Aaron Ramsey on Saturday evening – can result.The 19-year-old suffered a double fracture to his right leg midway through the second half at Stoke following a strong challenge from Ryan Shawcross. The Welshman is the third Arsenal player to suffer a serious break in the past four years. While Wenger has asked his side to ‘toughen up’ at times, naturally he is concerned about the potential consequences.“I encourage my players to play and be committed,” he said. “I have a go at them when they don’t put their foot in sometimes. “But as well sometimes I nearly feel guilty to do that because when Aaron goes for the ball like he did on Saturday and gets done like he did, it is not an easy situation. “But the way I try to play the game, I believe, is the right way. When we don’t win, I get a lot of stick because of that way but I still prefer to continue to play like that. We will respect the game, the opponents and try to give pleasure to people who watch us.”

BEGGING for lols again? I said I like the way they play football (when Ronaldo was there)Why do you always froth up a thread you d*ckwad? Shut the f*ck up.
it is what it is u like them dont be afraid to show this :D

Guest Malcolm Tucker
Arsène Wenger admits that he sometimes feels guilty for encouraging tough-tackling from his players.The reason for his concern is that nasty injuries - such as the one suffered by Aaron Ramsey on Saturday evening – can result.The 19-year-old suffered a double fracture to his right leg midway through the second half at Stoke following a strong challenge from Ryan Shawcross. The Welshman is the third Arsenal player to suffer a serious break in the past four years. While Wenger has asked his side to ‘toughen up’ at times, naturally he is concerned about the potential consequences.“I encourage my players to play and be committed,” he said. “I have a go at them when they don’t put their foot in sometimes. “But as well sometimes I nearly feel guilty to do that because when Aaron goes for the ball like he did on Saturday and gets done like he did, it is not an easy situation. “But the way I try to play the game, I believe, is the right way. When we don’t win, I get a lot of stick because of that way but I still prefer to continue to play like that. We will respect the game, the opponents and try to give pleasure to people who watch us.”
what a f*ck*ng prick..... he wants football to come like netball.90's defenders >>>>>>>no holds barred.

Said it for years, if there was person I'd love to punch, it's Wenger.

Not every bad injury is the result of an equally bad tackle.It was a 50/50 with an unfortunate outcome, previous incidents and Wenger's ongoing comments about physicality have played a big part in the reaction of Arsenal fans and players.
Not even disagreeing with you here, but you can't argue against the fact that it's become acceptable for teams to be 'overly physical' against Arsenal...There's being aggressive & then there's reckless, and I'm saying that generally, not just about the Stoke incident. Some of the matches I saw played against Bolton & Newcastle in recent years were just short of barbaric. We play football right? Players train to PLAY football. Top-flight teams, playing in the f*ck*ng Premier League, shouldn't prioritise aggression over actual football, to beat ANY team, let alone Arsenal. Because it also manifests a mentality within British players that trickles down from top flight football to Sunday league, where physicality precedes technique...
It's always been acceptable for teams to be overly physical in England. The problem with Arsenal supporters in general is that because of the way Wenger has been going on about it you've come to believe you're the only team thats subjected to'excessive' physicality when the truth is you aren't, you're just the team that is worst equipped to deal with it. There were 2 challenges in the Merseyside derby the other week that were easily worse than the challenge on Ramsey but luckily they didn't prove to be as damaging.This goes hand in hand with the amount of foreign players you have in your squad who aren't used to the physical approach of English football. Wenger has been here long enough to know that you need a physical presence in your team otherwise you will get boyed, we're talking about a manager who had Vieira and Keown in his sides ffs. He can moan and moan about the physicality of the game all he likes but at the end of the day he can't get away from the fact he hasn't responded to the obvious problem - teams think Arsenal are p*ssy. 10 years ago he had a team capable of playing slick football but in the event the opposition wanted to get physical there was more than enough man ODT to step up to the challenge and let teams know 'we aren't those clammy guys'.On top of this Arsenal have a squad full of players who look like they'd struggle to bench the bar with nothing on it. In short he's got to accept that physicality is a part of the game in England and always will be, so he's got to adjust or even revert back to the methods he used that are tried and tested.
pos'd